Athletes of the Week: Chloe Kuh ’13 and Than Finan ’13

Athlete of the Week: Chloe Kuh '13
Athlete of the Week: Chloe Kuh ’13

Chloe Kuh ’13
Women’s soccer (Newton, Mass.)

“Chloe is the epitome of a team player. She will do whatever it takes to help the team win. As a senior, she is playing with a clear mind and an open heart that allows her to compete at a level that makes everyone around her better. She’s feisty, fiery, competitive and compassionate.” – Michelyne Pinard, Head Coach

Kuh stood out for the women last Saturday on the road against NESCAC foe Trinity. The Ephs were tied 1-1 with four minutes remaining in the game when Kuh scored an unassisted goal to overcome the Bantams 2-1. The goal was the midfielder’s first of the season and of her career as an Eph. Kuh’s goal allowed the women to maintain their undefeated conference record. [[clear]]

Than Finan '13
Than Finan ’13
Than Finan ’13
Men’s Soccer (Williamstown, Mass.)

“Than has worked extremely hard this season and has had very good games against Westfield State, Bates and Trinity. His leadership in the goal has been instrumental in the success of our team defense. He is vocal, athletic and capable of making the big save.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

Finan dominated in goal for the Ephs last weekend.  He has allowed just three goals in four games and recorded a shutout against Bates en route to the men’s 4-0 record on the season. In last Saturday’s match against Trinity, Finan saved six of the seven shots fired on him, contributing to his team’s 3-1 victory. Last season as keeper, Finan played in 12 games and recorded a total of 41 saves.