Spring Street Blues: Week of May 9, 2012

Friday 5-4-2012

9:27 a.m., Williams Hall: A fire alarm went off in the building. The system was found to have been activated by a student blow-drying her hair.

9:49 p.m., Lehman: Security received a noise complaint. Officers found loud music and underage drinking. The officers instructed the students to turn the music off and disposed of the alcohol.

Saturday 5-5-2012

12:05 a.m., Lehman: A student complained of vomit in a bathroom in Lehman. Officers arrived on the scene to find an intoxicated student leaving the bathroom. The student denied vomiting.

12:35 a.m., Greylock Dining Hall: A student sustained a dance injury at First Fridays. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.

10:07 a.m., Morgan: A student reported four white decorated t-shirts for the “Beer Olympics” missing from the basement.

1:05 p.m., Greylock Dining Hall: Another student sustained a dance injury at First Fridays. The student requested transport to the Health Center for an injury sustained the previous night, which occurred when an out-of-control dancer accidentally tripped and then kicked the injured student.

2:13 p.m., Health Center: Seven students were found digging a trench near the Health Center. The students claimed they were digging it for a class on war and European history. The students had permission from Facilities but were digging in the wrong location. The incorrect trench was filled in.

Sunday 5-6-2012

12:40 a.m., Bryant: A student filed a noise complaint to Security. Officers arrived and found 25 to 30 students drinking and listening to music. The music was turned off.

1:35 a.m., Carter: A student filed a noise complaint to Security. Four students were listening to music while cleaning up from an earlier party. Security made the students turn off the music.

2:30 a.m., Prospect: The Prospect card access reader was found to be no longer communicating with the Security dispatch center. Officers found the reader torn off the mount. Further investigation revealed an illegal party had taken place in the area.

8:16 a.m., Wood: A Wood resident reported that a glass pane in the northern interior door had been smashed out and glass was covering the floor. Security called tradesmen to make repairs and clean up the glass.

12:29 p.m., Pratt: A student reported an odor of vomit coming from somewhere in the building. Officers responded and found no visible evidence. Students in the area notified the officers that a non-house resident had removed a garbage bag that was emitting the foul odor.

2:50 p.m., Bronfman: A student reported that she accidentally flushed her keys down a toilet. Security was unable to help her retrieve her keys.

3:52 p.m., Garfield: Officers responded to a call from a student regarding an injury sustained at Garfield. Security found a male student laying on the lawn. The student could not remember what happened. Other students in the area stated that two students collided while playing softball. Another female student reported a slight injury sustained to her knee during the collision.