Spring Street Blues: 4/13/10 – 4/18/10

Tuesday 4-13-10

12:52 p.m., heating plant: A staff member called Campus Safety and Security to report a hit-and-run accident. A bus had backed into a vehicle and left the scene. The witness provided the bus identification and registration. The owner of the vehicle was notified and arrived on scene along with the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

6:04 p.m., Parsons: Security received a call reporting a dog was stuck underneath the porch. Officers were able to get the dog to come out. Using the license number that was on the dog’s collar, WPD contacted the dog’s owner, who took the dog home.

Wednesday 4-14-10

1:10 p.m., Greylock Quad: A college staff member reported that a student was climbing on an art sculpture. A student was found sitting on the piece of art reading a book. There was no damage done to the sculpture and the student was asked not to sit on it.

4:33 p.m., Pappa Charlie’s: Security received a report of graffiti on the restroom wall. A work order was made out to have the graffiti removed.

Friday 4-16-10

5:07 a.m., Fayerweather: A medical emergency was reported by the parent of a student. The student was assisted and transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) by Village Ambulance.

10:15 p.m.: A student reported to Security that his wallet had been stolen at the Gym Class Heroes concert.

Saturday 4-17-10

7:15 p.m., Sage Hall: A fire system trouble alarm was activated and officers detected the smell of marijuana in the F entry. The smoke detector had been taken down from the ceiling. There was also evidence of Beirut activity. There was no one in the area at the time. WPD was called because of the presence of marijuana.

10:24 p.m., Dodd: Security received a report that someone was trying to get into a locked door from the back side of a room.

Sunday 4-18-10

1:54 a.m., Williams Hall: Security received a report of an intoxicated student in need of assistance. The student was assisted and transported to NARH by Village Ambulance.

3:00 a.m., Morgan Hall: Security responded to a report of vandalism on the Spring Street side of the building. Several non-Williams students were found in the kitchen area without a student host. At least one was rolling a joint and in possession of marijuana. WPD was called.