Student assaulted by visitor in Fitch

According to a report from Campus Safety and Security, a visitor from another college broke into Fitch early on Saturday morning. At 1:27 a.m., Security received “several reports of a white male entering rooms and threatening students,” said the report.

The unwanted visitor was identified as a soccer player from Brandeis. Brandeis students were on campus to support their men’s basketball team in their game against the College earlier in the evening. Security apprehended the student, whom its report described as “clearly intoxicated,” and notified the Williamstown Police Department (WPD). WPD filed a report noting a call from Campus Safety at 1:40 a.m. and the fact that the individual was taken into protective custody.

According to Jean Thorndike, director of Security, WPD subsequently released the visitor. “The individual was told not to return to College property and was posted from campus,” Thorndike said.

Michaela Morton ’12, a resident in Fitch, confirmed that she witnessed the visitor. “I just heard a noise outside and saw someone fighting with my neighbors and figured he was too drunk to realize he was in the wrong dorm,” Morton said. “I locked my door, and a little while later Security came and that was it.”