Support men’s basketball in NCAAs

To the Editor:

This past weekend, Chandler Gym was a powerful home court advantage for our men’s basketball team. We fans were loud, supportive and intimidating, and seasoned observers said that it was as loud as the gym has been in a decade – including the 2003 national championship run. I’m going to cut to the chase: We need that same energy again this weekend as the team tries to lock up a berth in the Final Four. If you were at the game on Saturday, you know what I’m talking about, and if you weren’t, we need you this weekend most of all. There is always a lot of talk about the “Williams Community,” and I can’t think of a better way to come together than over the best basketball team in the nation. Whether hugging a complete stranger after a thunderous jam by Troy Whittington ’11, the best dunker in Division III, or chanting “defense” in unison with 500 of your closest friends, being a member of the student section is the perfect way to have fun, blow off steam and feel a real sense of community. We’re going to have the best seats in the house reserved for the student section and the cheer sheets printed out, so all we need are your lungs and your passion. The games are at 8 p.m. Friday night and 7 p.m. Saturday, and will be the absolute perfect way to set the weekend off right. A great team is something that the campus can really unite behind, and I guarantee a good time will be had by all. Whether these will be the first games you’ve seen all year or you haven’t missed a game yet, grab your frieds, come out, be loud and watch the best team in the country. Tickets go on sale on Thursday at 9 a.m. in Lasell, and it’s a good idea to get your tickets early. NCAA rules stipulate that we have to send some tickets to other schools, and there is a good chance that the games sell out before game time. Hope to see you there, and GO EPHS!