Spring Street Blues 2/8/10 – 2/14/10

Monday 2-8-10

8:41 a.m., Bronfman Auditorium: Security received a report of graffiti at the teaching station.

Wednesday 2-10-10

11:10 a.m., Sage Hall: Security received a report that a laptop computer was stolen from an unlocked room between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. that morning. The laptop was later located with a friend.

Friday 2-12-10

12:32 a.m., Tyler: Security officers responded to a noise complaint. The officers spoke with students regarding the complaint, and the sound on the offending video game was turned down.

1:51 a.m., Prospect House: Security received a noise complaint about students playing loud music. The students were informed of the complaint and turned the music down.

Saturday 2-13-10

12:13 a.m., Spencer House: Patrolling officers discovered an illegal party. Approximately 30 to 40 students were present, many of whom were underage and drinking beer. Two Beirut tables were also set up.

12:46 a.m., Currier Ballroom: Security received a noise complaint. Students were playing instruments and agreed to stop when informed of the noise complaint.

2:08 a.m.: Williamstown Police Department (WPD) reported that an ID case belonging to a student was found. A Security officer picked it up and an e-mail was sent to the student.

3:22 a.m., Carter: Security received a report of an unidentified student in another student’s room.

12:45 p.m., Williams Hall: A student reported a theft of a laptop computer from a common room sometime the previous night.

1:28 p.m., Lasell Gymnasium: Security received a report that a purse had been stolen from a bench in the women’s locker room in between 11:55 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. The purse was later found and brought to WPD. The student was notified.

2:25 p.m., Williams Hall: Security received a report that a laptop computer had been stolen from the third floor.

6:22 p.m., Stetson Court: An intruder was found in the College-owned house. The intruder, who had gained access by breaking the glass in two separate doors, fled. WPD and Security officers responded.

10:15 p.m., Williams Hall: Security received a report that a laptop computer had been stolen from the D-entry common area on the third floor.

11:00 p.m., Chapin Court: A professor reported that a College-owned apartment had been broken into. WPD officers were already on site.

Sunday 2-14-10

12:53 a.m., Williams Hall: Security received a report that a laptop had been stolen from the third-floor F-entry common room.

12:39 p.m., Mission: Security received a report that a book bag containing a laptop computer had been stolen from the catwalk suspended over Mission Park Dining Hall between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. the previous night. Dining services staff found the book bag and later returned it to the student.

10:30 p.m., Hopkins Hall: WPD notified Security of a large piece of wood in front of Hopkins Hall. The students carrying the large piece of wood were identified, and the art project was returned to the Spencer Art Studio.