Women’s squash hopes to requalify for A division

After a successful winter campaign that ended with a 10th straight Little Three victory, a top 10 national polling and an A-team ranking, women’s squash is slated to begin this season exactly where it left off. Having graduated just two seniors, the Ephs are set to return a strong core of upperclassmen while introducing several rookies to a lineup that is sure to cause trouble for opponents.

The women will continue their tradition of excellent play under the leadership of tri-captains Toby Eyre ’10, Jennifer Coxe ’10 and Caroline Henry ’10. With Eyre and Coxe – All-NESCAC selections from a season ago – leading the charge for the Ephs, the women are sure to build on last season’s success. “We accomplished the goals that what we wanted to accomplish in getting an A ranking in nationals,” Courtney Bogle ’12 said. “We have a strong group of returners and solid freshmen who will make our eighth-ranked team really deep.”

The lineup for this year seats Eyre in the top spot, followed by Coxe, Bogle, rookies Ali Rubin ’13 and Laura Henry ’13 and Caroline Henry.

Women’s squash will kick off the 2009-1010 campaign this upcoming weekend and hopefully set the precedent for a strong season. The women will host Yale, Middlebury and Tufts at the Simon Squash Center at 11 a.m.