Men’s swimming strives for another NESCAC title

rd to the coming season after finishing such a successful run last year. Last season, the men placed 21st in the NCAA Div. III National Championships.

The Ephs dominated the NESCAC championship, racking up 1775.5 points, over 200 points higher than the closest contender. Despite losing to Amherst 133-108 in the dual meet, the Ephs clinched the NESCAC and continued their impressive streak of seven consecutive conference titles.
This year the team is led by co-captains Adam Hollander ’10, who swims the sprint freestyle and backstroke, and Henry Blackford ’10, who swims the frees and fly. The captains have set high goals for the team this season but look to the enormous depth of every class to achieve their ambitions. “Our goal first and foremost is, and always has been, to continue our streak of winning the NESCAC,” said Hollander. “We have a lot of talented guys who have potential to do great things and really step up this year as we have in the past. Close after that is winning the Amherst dual meet. We lost last year even though we beat them at the NESCAC meet, it is always a priority to beat our rivals.”

Head Coach Steve Kuster returns to the helm of the men’s team along with assistants Katelyn Brochu, who swam in the NESCAC for Conn. College, and Dave Polen, entering his ninth year with the Williams swim program.

Hollander is confident that the team will be able to adjust easily from last season. “Every year the team dynamic changes with the incoming class, and as of now we’re off to a great start,” he said. “As we get into the dual meet season and demanding Winter Study training, we build respect for each other through hard work and countless hours of training. This gets us motivated to work harder and represent Williams to the best of our ability and that is what will help us improve the most.”

Williams will open its season by traveling to a meet on Dec. 5 at Fordham against Boston College and Dartmouth.

One comment

1. Привет, статья хорошая ,но что то с отображением шаблона твоего блога.
    В Опере проверь свой шаблон!