Spring Street Blues Nov. 2-Nov. 8

Monday 11-2-09

3:29 p.m., Currier: A student reported hearing a noise at the window and seeing someone trying to climb in. Officers identified the climber as another student.

5:52 p.m., Park Street: A student reported a vehicle possibly striking a deer somewhere between Mission Park and Greylock on Park Street. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was notified. Nothing was found.
Tuesday 11-3-09

12:54 p.m., Greylock: A staff member reported that the sculpture on the west side of the building had been knocked over. A sculpture had been knocked off its concrete pedestal and was found lying on the ground. The officer reported this incident to the Williams College Museum of Art (WCMA).

2:28 p.m., Tyler Annex: A student reported that someone removed a bicycle from one of the light poles on Tyler Drive. A Stolen Article Report was filled out and faxed to WPD.

5:52 p.m., Paresky: A staff member called to report that he was stuck in the service elevator. Officers responded and the person was released.

8:34 p.m., Currier: Officers responded to a report of a possible suspicious person outside the ballroom.
Wednesday 11-4-09

8:44 a.m., Thompson: Health Center staff reported that they had received a call concerning a student who had fallen and needed help. 9-1-1 was activated, and Village Ambulance transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

6:55 p.m.: Health Center: Security was notified that a student needed to be transported to the emergency room. An ambulance transported the student to NARH.

7:56 p.m., Lasell Gymnasium: The athletic facility monitor reported high school students going through lockers in the men’s locker room. Three people in the locker room were identified.

9:27 p.m., Dodd: A student with flu-like symptoms was transported by ambulance to NARH.

10:30 p.m., WCMA: A patrolling officer conducting a security check of WCMA noticed an odor of marijuana between WCMA and Fayerweather. WPD was called to investigate.

Thursday 11-5-09

12:48 a.m., Currier: Security responded to a noise complaint at the ballroom caused by two students playing guitars. The responding officers noted the odor of marijuana in the hallway and contacted WPD.

Saturday 11-7-09

2:07 a.m., Frosh Quad: A student reported a small fire in the trash can between Sage and Williams Hall. WPD and Williamstown Fire Department (WFD) were called to the scene.

2:14 a.m., Paresky: Officers noted the smell of gas on the west side of the building. WFD was contacted. The chief of WFD responded, checked the area and contacted Berkshire Gas Company.

10:52 p.m., Dodd: Security received a noise complaint regarding a registered event. An officer responded and advised students to turn down the music to a reasonable level and to shut the windows.

Sunday 11-8-09

12:04 a.m., Dodd: Officers responded to a second noise complaint.

1:13 a.m., Frosh Quad: While patrolling, an officer noticed a fire coming from a trash can on the west side of the Frosh Quad between Williams and Sage, and observed a student kick the trash can over. WPD and WFD were notified of the situation.

2:19 a.m., Prospect: Security responded to a noise complaint.

4:48 a.m., Carter: Security responded to a noise complaint.