Spring Street Blues Oct. 19-Oct. 25

Monday 10-19-09

11:28 a.m., Paresky: Village Ambulance responded to a 9-1-1 call on Park Street for a student having head spasms. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Thursday 10-22-09

1:25 p.m., Griffin: Facilities staff reported an accident and requested an ambulance. A large mower/blower rolled over and the driver was injured. Village Ambulance arrived and transported the driver to NARH.

3:45 p.m., Garfield: An officer responded for a report of no power. The house was on emergency back-up power lighting, and card access was running on emergency backup power. A check of the Center for Developmental Economics (CDE), Wood, Agard and Fort Hoosac revealed that all other buildings had power. A National Grid lineman reported that a capacitor blew, and that power would be out for two to three hours.

4:47 p.m.: A student riding her bike lost control driving down an incline and fell off. Officers assisted and 9-1-1 was activated.

7:19 p.m., Dodd: An officer responded for a report of a bug infestation. A work order for Facilities was filled out for pest control.

Saturday 10-24-09

12:05 p.m., Morgan: An officer responded to a report of a roof leak.

3:15 p.m., Agard: An officer responded for a report of a leak.

4:44 p.m., East: Officers responded to the second floor hallway for a report of water leaking from the ceiling, and found a large amount of water on the second floor landing.

5:11 p.m., Perry: Officers responded to the laundry area for a report of a leak to find a large amount of water on the floor.

5:33 p.m., Sawyer: An officer responded for reports of flooding on the west side of the library. The officer cleared the drains.

6:02 p.m., Bronfman: A patrolling officer noticed three leaks coming from the ceiling outside the doors leading into the auditorium. Buckets were placed under the leaks.
7:02 p.m., Morgan: Students notified Security that the basement was flooding. The on-call custodian was notified, responded and vacuumed up the water.

7:30 p.m., Driscoll: An officer responded to reports of water leaks. Numerous leaks were comingfrom the roof into the upper lounge area. Dining Staff had placed buckets under as many leaks as possible.

8:46 p.m.: All officers responded to a report of a student hit by a car on Main Street. 9-1-1 was activated for Village Ambulance and the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

Sunday 10-25-09

12:30 a.m., Lambert: An officer responded to for a strong gas odor. Officers spoke with residents who stated that they had smelled an odor of gas all day. 9-1-1 was activated. WPD responded and notified Berkshire Gas.

12:54 a.m., Spencer: An officer responded for a student who had lacerations that would require stitches.