Spring Street Blues 10-12-09 to 10-18-09

Monday 10-12-09

8:00 a.m., Tyler: While on patrol, an officer found a dead opossum lying in the middle of Tyler Drive adjacent to Tyler Annex. The officer disposed of the animal.

5:21 p.m.: Officers responded to Paresky for a report of skateboarders on the east side of the building. The group ran as soon as they saw the Security vehicle. The group was again seen on Spring Street and ran into the hockey rink lot, where the group got into a vehicle and sped away. The license plate and car information was given to Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

Tuesday 10-13-09

12:23 p.m., Spencer: 9-1-1 was activated for a student who was feeling lightheaded and nauseous and had passed out. EMTs attended to the student and provided transport to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

12:35 p.m., Health Center: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 activation on behalf of a student having an allergic reaction.

Wednesday 10-14-09

2:45 p.m., Towne Field House: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 call for a person who had felt adverse side effects after receiving a seasonal flu shot. Village Ambulance arrived and provided transport to NARH.

6:10 p.m., Lynde Lane: A staff member reported a suspicious man driving slowly around the tennis courts. Officers checked the area.

7:06 p.m., Lasell Fitness Center: An officer was dispatched to see the Fitness Center monitor concerning a suspicious man checking out lockers in the locker room.

Thursday 10-15-09

1:34 a.m., Spencer: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 activation for an unconscious and unresponsive student. Friends reported that the student had been drinking alcohol while taking prescription drugs. The student was transported to NARH by Village Ambulance.

8:45 p.m., Fayerweather: Security received a noise complaint due to a student listening to music in the shower. The music was turned down.

Friday 10-16-09

4:30 p.m., Parking Garage: Officers responded to the top level for a report of a smoking vehicle. 9-1-1 was activated for the Fire Department. Responding officers found a vehicle with smoke coming from the back tire area of the car and a strong odor of burning brakes.

11:44 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a call from the Snack Bar manager, who had received several complaints from students regarding a strange man in the ’82 Grille. Officers identified and spoke with the individual. He was very cooperative and left without incident.

Saturday 10-17-09

8:45 p.m., Williams Hall: Officers checked on noise coming from the basement common room. There were approximately 25 students present from Tufts University Frisbee team. They were drinking and were in possession of hard alcohol and two 30 packs of beer. Only a couple of the students were of legal drinking age.
9:09 p.m., Prospect: Officers checked on students gathered in the basement kitchen/lounge area, and found the Tufts men’s Frisbee team with hard alcohol, cans and 40 oz. bottles of beer.

9:54 p.m. Greylock: While checking the frisbee event taking place in the dining hall, an officer observed a student stumble into people and fall onto a table. He was a member of a visiting frisbee team. The student was identified, asked to leave the event and escorted to his dorm.

Sunday 10-18-09

12:15 a.m.: A student reported that his friend had been in a fight with a group of people on Spring Street. WPD was called and responded.

12:20 a.m., Greylock Dining Hall: Officers responded for a report of a student with a head injury. A visiting student had fallen down the stairs. 9-1-1 was activated.

12:56 a.m.: The Security dispatcher received a call from NARH concerning the number of people being sent to the emergency room from campus.

1:20 p.m.: A College student reported that a friend visiting from Westfield State College (WSC) had been missing since 2 a.m. An investigation and search were begun. WPD members, the on-call supervisor, the director of Security and the Dean’s Office were notified. The WSC student’s parents were notified.

4:06 p.m.: The missing WSC student came into Security to report her cell phone missing. She was not aware that anyone was looking for her. Everyone was notified and the search was called off.