Spring Street Blues Sept. 28-Oct. 4

Monday 9-28-09

12:13 p.m., Sawyer: Security received a fire alarm caused by an over-cooked microwaveable cup of soup in the first floor staff lounge.

8:54 p.m., Tyler: Security responded to a noise complaint caused by very loud music playing in a second floor room. The resident was asked to turn down the volume.

11:59 p.m., Hubbell: Security received a noise complaint and a report of possible damage. Students were advised of the complaint. A visual check found no damage, but a later check revealed a broken window.

Tuesday 9-29-09

11:30 a.m.: The Williamstown postmaster reported to Security that twice in the last three weeks beer has been found in the mailbox on the Park Street side of Paresky, resulting in damaged mail.

Wednesday 9-30-09

12:31 a.m., Spencer: Security received a call from a student regarding another student in Spencer needing assistance after having too much to drink. Officers arrived and asked for 9-1-1 to be activated. Village Ambulance arrived and transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

2:09 a.m., Dodd: Security responded to a noise complaint and detected marijuana odor. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was notified.

12:35 p.m.: A student reported the theft of an unlocked bike from the front of the Thompson Physics building.

3:45 p.m., Renzi Lamb Field: Security received a noise complaint from the Oakley Center regarding the field hockey game taking place. People in the scoring booth were informed of the complaint. The game was about to begin, and the music was turned off.

7:36 p.m., President’s House: Security received an intrusion indicating activity at the west kitchen patio door. A check of the building was conducted. All doors were secure and the system re-armed.

Thursday 10-1-09

6:00 a.m., Paresky: A custodian reported a person sleeping. An officer found a student located on the second floor inside one of the rooms. The officer explained the rules regarding no overnight sleeping in the building.
8:30 a.m., Driscoll: 9-1-1 was activated for an injured staff member. Village Ambulance arrived and the injured person was treated and transported to Berkshire Medical Center.

2:34 p.m., Gladden: A stolen article report was taken for an unsecured bicycle stolen from the bike rack.

11:59 p.m., Paresky: While patrolling, an officer observed the Snack Bar manager attempt to address a student’s open bottle of wine. When the student did not cooperate, the officer advised the student that alcohol was not allowed in the building. The officer confiscated and disposed of the alcohol.

Friday 10-2-09

6:43 a.m., Paresky: An officer woke a student and informed the student of the no-overnight sleeping in Paresky policy.

11:20 a.m., Williams Hall: A student reported that the tire had been stolen off a locked bike.

Saturday 10-3-09

12:17 a.m., Paresky: While conducting a security check, an officer found a student sitting on the floor in a bathroom stall intoxicated and vomiting. 9-1-1 was activated.

8:54 p.m., Mission: A fire alarm was activated due to a hairdryer being used under the smoke detector.

11:15 p.m., Brooks: An illegal party in the basement was broken up.
11:20 p.m., Greylock Quad: Responding to noise complaints, WPD arrived to shut down the music at the First Chance dance. The function was allowed to continue on the condition of no further noise complaints.

11:55 p.m., Greylock Quad: WPD returned to shut down First Chance and clear the tent. The bar was also shut down.

Sunday 10-4-09

12:12 a.m., Sage: Officers responded to reports of an intoxicated student. The student was unresponsive to most questions and 9-1-1 was activated.

1:28 a.m., West: Officers responded for a 9-1-1 activation due to a student passed out, unresponsive and vomiting. Village Ambulance transported the student to NARH.

1:47 a.m., Poker Flats: Officers responded to a report of loud yelling in the area.