WPD busts heroin dealer near Paresky

Williamstown Police Department (WPD) officers arrested Solomon Jones, 21, of New Jersey outside of Paresky on Thursday night and charged him with heroin distribution, heroin possession with intent to distribute and conspiracy to violate drug laws. The man was visiting a female friend who attends the College.

Massachusetts State Police Lieutenant Joseph McDyer, commander of the Berkshire County Drug Task Force, told the North Adams Transcript that the man was carrying 30 packets of heroin when he was arrested at 10 p.m. Thursday. He was arraigned Friday in Northern Berkshire District Court and bail was set at $10,000.

According to McDyer, Jones was keeping an additional 100 packets of heroin in his friend’s dorm room, although she was not aware that he had left the drugs. It is unlikely that she will face any criminal charges. McDyer said Jones knew the unidentified Williams student from a past encounter with the woman, and he apparently attempted to rekindle their friendship after returning to the Berkshires from New Jersey on Thursday. A press release from WPD distributed in a campus-wide e-mail said that Jones had taken a bus to Williamstown less than an hour before his arrest.

At 10:18 p.m. on Thursday, police also pulled over and arrested Jones’ associate, Earllonda Boone of North Adams, who was carrying 20 packets of heroin at that time. She was released on personal recognizance. The estimated value of the seized drugs was close to $3,000, according to an estimate by police.