Spring Street Blues Apr. 27-May 3

Monday 4-27-09

3:50 p.m.: A staff member walking by Dennett reported a black truck driven by an unknown and unidentified male who beeped and waved. No other incidents were reported.

6:20 p.m., Williams Hall: While patrolling during fire drills, an officer smelled marijuana odor. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was called and responded to the room.

Tuesday 4-28-09

5:36 p.m., Spencer Art: Security received a fire alarm from an activated smoke detector.

6:00 p.m., Children’s Center: An officer responded for a report of someone locked in the bathroom. The door could not be unlocked, and the person inside was frightened. The on-call carpenter was called. The doorjamb was damaged in the process of getting the door open.

11:54 p.m., Spencer: An officer returned to check on the clean up of Beirut activity found earlier in the night. Participants had been told to cease play and clean up but were still playing. The student numbers had grown to the point where they exceeded compliance. One student became aggressive towards the officer, who asked for back-up.

Wednesday 4-29-09

11:54 a.m., Paresky: 9-1-1 was activated due to a report of a wire-burning smell between Whitman’s kitchen and the dish room. The building was evacuated. Electricians, Safety and Environmental Compliance, and the Williamstown Fire Department responded. The cause was not determined, and the system was reset when it was determined safe to do so.
7:55 p.m., Sawyer Library: An officer responded for a report that an outlet had fallen from the wall and was emitting sparks. The wire appeared burnt, and the on-call electrician was notified.

Thursday 4-30-09

3:20 p.m.: Village Ambulance was called for a student who had fallen while playing soccer in on the turf field. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Friday 5-1-09

2:39 p.m., Sawyer Library: Security received a fire alarm from the smoke detector on the third floor. No reason was detected, and the system and fans were reset.

Saturday 5-2-09

12:15 a.m., Lambert House: A WPD officer advised Security that he had told students to turn off loud music playing on the front porch. Students were compliant with the request.

1:10 a.m., Agard: Security responded for a noise complaint. The students were advised of the complaint and the music was turned off. Students then dispersed.

2:35 a.m., Poker Flats: Security received a noise complaint. There was music coming from a window. Officer asked the residents to turn off the music, and the residents complied.

7:53 a.m., ’62 Center: Security responded for a fire alarm and determined that the system had been activated accidentally. The system and fire doors were reset.

9:28 a.m., Mills: Dispatch activated 9-1-1 for a student reporting chest pains. Student was transported to NARH via Village Ambulance. WPD was also on scene.

7:12 p.m., Hubbell: Security received a fire alarm due to cooking in the oven. The area was ventilated and the system was reset.

11:30 p.m., Perry: Security received a fire alarm caused by popcorn in a microwave. Windows were opened to ventilate the area and the system was reset.

Sunday 5-3-09

3:16 a.m., Agard: Security received a noise complaint called in from an off-campus resident. The responding officer found students listening to music coming from a parked car in the parking lot. Officer informed them of the noise complaint.

8:45 a.m., Tyler: An officer found one of the small light poles on the driveway lying on the grass on the opposite side of the road with the wire section of the light pole exposed. The on-call electrician was notified. Part of the wooden fencing was also dislodged and laying on the ground.

3:45 p.m. Williams Hall: Student reported a bike stolen from outside.

4:08 p.m., Sawyer Library: 9-1-1 activated for a student having an allergic reaction. The student was transported by ambulance to the hospital.

4:55 p.m.: A student reported a mountain bike stolen from the bike rack outside of Fayerweather.

6:59 p.m., Woodbridge: Security responded for a fire alarm caused by cooking.

11:06 p.m.: A student visited Security to report a jacket with a wallet inside it stolen from Spencer Studio Art building.