Spring Street Blues 4-20-09 til 4-26-09

Monday 4-20-09

5:02 p.m.: Dispatch received a call reporting a non-College employee with a possible broken foot at the pool ramp area. A contractor unloading glass for the squash courts had several sheets of glass land on his foot and was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) via Village Ambulance.

Tuesday 4-21-09

12:26 p.m.: While on patrol, an officer noticed a male on the grass bending over grabbing his left side with a bicycle at his feet. The officer discovered that a student had just had a bicycle accident and activated 9-1-1. The student was examined by EMTs but refused transport to NARH.

2:45 p.m.: Follow-up investigation regarding the toilet on Cole Field led to an interview with the men’s WUFO president. The student admitted no knowledge of the toilet, but an agreement to remove the toilet was made. The College Safety and Environmental manager was informed.

Wednesday 4-22-09

8:34 p.m., Fort Hoosac: Security received an alarm from the fire system and found a student smoking inside the building with the smoke detector detached. The student was cited for fire safety violations.

Friday 4-23-09

3:00 a.m., Doughty House: Officers responded for a report of an individual on the fire escape. Officers checked the bathrooms, common living room area and kitchen, as well as the outside perimeter and surrounding streets, but no one was located.
Saturday 4-25-09

1:30 a.m.: Security’s evaluation of the second Frosh Quad tent party revealed issues with male students exiting the tent and attempting to urinate. One male was ejected from the event for urinating on the tent.

11:37 a.m., Milham: A student called Security to report a strange male walking up and down Hoxsey Street. The responding officer identified the man, who had a U.S. Census identification and who was working on the street.
11:59 p.m.: A Williamstown Police Department (WPD) officer stopped a student on Park Street near the Frosh Quad and arrested the student for public urination and disorderly conduct.

Sunday 4-26-09

12:33 a.m., Frosh Quad: Two Colby water polo students were given a verbal warning from Security for bringing cans of beer into the tent party. The argumentative students were posted from campus by officers and walked to public property. Officers later found out that another Colby student was arrested by the WPD for a public alcohol violation.

7:33 a.m., Sage: A student reported a cut toe that was bleeding. The student was riding a bicycle with flip-flops and had crashed. 9-1-1 was activated for Village Ambulance, and the student was transported to NARH.

8:46 p.m.: An officer responded to a report that WPD and Williamstown Fire Department were investigating a report of someone yelling for help in the area at the end of Stetson Road and Cole Avenue. Officers assisted in searching the area, including athletic fields and the riverbanks. No
one was located.