Spring Street Blues Feb. 23-Feb. 27

Monday 2-23-09

2:35 p.m.: A student living Agard visited Security regarding a missing computer. At 3:08 p.m.,
the student called Dispatch to report that the computer had been found.

Tuesday 2-24-09

12:47 p.m.: While transporting a student to the Health Center, an officer learned that the student
had been struck on the head by ice falling from the roof of Lasell Gym while walking through the alley between Lasell and Chandler Gyms. Security notified Mechanic Trades, who checked the roof and then proceeded to cordon off the area in the alley.

Wednesday 2-25-09

12:59 a.m.: A student contacted Security to report backing into another car in the Tyler parking Lot. The owner of the other car was identified, and Security made an unsuccessful attempt to contact the owner. The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) responded to take a report and photos. The owner of the damaged car was eventually contacted.

10:15 a.m.: A student contacted Security to report that while in Montreal over the weekend shooting photos for a class project, the camera and equipment loaned from the OIT Equipment Loan Center was stolen during a vehicle break-in. The student said that the Montreal Police had taken a report.

10:45 a.m., Tyler Annex: A custodian called to report that the DVD/CD player installed under
the TV in the first floor common room was missing.

Thursday 2-26-09

2:50 p.m., Mills: A student reported that between 1-17-09 and 1-21-09, an iPod was taken from
the common area between Dennett and Mills.

5:15 p.m.: Officers spoke with a person posted from campus who was walking down Syndicate
Road. The person crossed into the wooded area between Poker Flats and Cole Field House.

11:50 p.m.: Patrolling officers smelled marijuana smoke outside of the entrance to WCFM. WPD
responded to the area. All of the students present denied smoking any marijuana.

Friday 2-27-09

1:15 a.m., East: Dispatch received a noise complaint about a group of students. The responding officers spoke to a group of about ten students and advised
them of the complaint.

2:00 p.m., Currier: Officers arrived to investigate after a custodian reported seeing a student on
the roof.

4:15 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a noise complaint to find a large group of youth
running and yelling throughout the building.

6:58 p.m., Simon Squash Center: Officers responded to the squash courts for a medical
emergency. A visiting athlete was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) via
Village Ambulance.

8:58 p.m., Morgan: A student reported to Security that a laptop computer had been stolen.

Saturday 2-28-09

12:15 a.m., Bryant: Security received a noise complaint. Arriving on the scene, officers found seven students playing music and singing loudly. Students were advised of the noise complaint and then promptly turned down the music.