Spring Street Blues 2-16-09 to 2-22-09

Monday 2-16-09

11:36 p.m., West College: Village Ambulance responded to a 9-1-1 call for a student having an asthma attack. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Wednesday 2-18-09

12:43 a.m., Jesup Hall: Security dispatch received a card rejection notice for an individual posted from campus by a letter of trespass. An officer identified the individual and asked to have Williamstown Police Department (WPD) contacted. The individual bolted, and a chase ensued. The person was not apprehended.

10:10 a.m.: Security received a request from Safety and Environmental Compliance (SEC), asking an officer to respond to the Paresky loading dock to intercept a tractor trailer leaking diesel fuel. SEC staff arrived and removed fuel from the pavement.

Thursday 2-19-09

10:06 p.m., Tyler Annex: Officers found a small gathering of 20 to 25 people with four empty 30-packs of beer. Smoking inside the building was also noted. No student took responsibility for the gathering.

11:25 p.m., Carter: Officers responded to a noise complaint to find nine students listening to music and playing Beirut.

Friday 2-20-09

8:24 a.m., Lasell: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 activation. Upon arrival at the Fitness Center, they found a staff member complaining of nausea and chills. Village Ambulance transported the staff member to NARH.

Saturday 2-21-09

12:06 a.m., North Academic Building: An officer responded to a report of a possibly intoxicated student sitting in the snow. Two of the student’s suitemates arrived and escorted their friend back to the dorm.
12:20 a.m., Bryant: Officers responded to a call about student with a bleeding head injury. Dispatch activated 9-1-1.

12:54 a.m., Pratt: An officer responded after a dispatch call regarding a belligerent student.

12:54 a.m., Carter: Officers responded to a noise complaint to find 40 to 50 students playing Beirut and listening to loud music. No one took responsibility for the illegal party.

1:43 a.m., Lehman: Responding to a noise complaint, officers heard loud music in the basement area and observed 15 to 20 students singing loudly.

8:30 p.m., Chapman Ice Rink: Officers responded for a report of an injured skater. On scene, they found a student bleeding from the lower lip and chin. An officer applied bandages, and 9-1-1 was activated. The student was transported to NARH by Village Ambulance.

9:13 p.m., Poker Flats: An officer responded to a report of graffiti on one of the upstairs porches. The officer found black and green spray paint covering one of the panels at the top of a stairwell. An investigation revealed that this possibly occurred a week ago.

11:45 p.m., Susie Hopkins: Officers responded for a report of an illegal party and found more than 200 students.

Sunday 2-22-09

12:02 a.m., Prospect: Dispatch received an anonymous call about a loud party in the basement. Officers found 40 to 50 students with loud music and six game of Beirut.

11:33 a.m., Poker Flats: A student reported vomit in the basement hallway. An officer confirmed the report and had the on-call custodian notified for biohazard clean-up.

5:00 p.m.: An officer took a theft report from a Spencer Art Studio assistant who reported a fraudulent transaction made with the photo department credit card via Pay Pal.