Spring Street Blues 2-9-09 to 2-15-09

Monday 2-9-09

1:45 p.m., Denison Gate House: Campus Safety and Security received a report that a private vehicle had been damaged by a Facilities vehicle. Officer responded with the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) for damage investigation.

4:50 p.m., Prospect: An investigation of marijuana odor resulted in WPD being called. The student involved was issued a citation for a $100 fine.

Tuesday 2-10-09

7:23 a.m., Fitch: A student called 9-1-1 due to severe stomach pain. Officers responded with Village Ambulance. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

4:50 p.m., Water Street: A student reported he had fallen off his bike. The student was transported to NARH with a hand injury.

Wednesday 2-11-09

8:56 a.m., Squash Center: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 call for a Williamstown resident who had been struck in the right eye with a squash ball. Village Ambulance transported the resident to NARH.

2:00 p.m., Williams Hall: A student reported that cash had been taken from a desk drawer in an unlocked room. A Stolen Article Report was taken and the student was advised to keep the room locked.

Friday 2-13-09

5:56 p.m., Mission: Fire alarm received. The cause was identified as smoke from the kitchen, where exhaust hoods were not working.

Saturday 2-14-09

1:15 a.m., Paresky: Security received a call from Snack Bar staff about a student throwing a chair and papers when told that Snack Bar was no longer serving.

4:24 a.m., Armstrong: A student reported that an unidentified person had attempted to gain entry to her room. She stated that the person tried to enter a code several times and was breathing heavily, but didn’t speak. Upon arrival, officers found a puddle of urine on the floor outside the room.

1:23 p.m., Goodrich House: A student reported a window broken in the second-floor bathroom.
10:16 p.m., Spencer House: An officer observed a lot of student activity inside the north living room, with Beirut activity in progress. The officer advised the group that the party could continue since there were less than two 30-packs of beer, but that they needed to keep their numbers under 50 people and end the drinking games.

10:47 p.m., Carter: Illegal party was found. Some students were playing Beirut, and there was hard alcohol present. At least one student was underage.

11:18 p.m., Spencer House: Officers checking back found that the party had grown to approximately 100 students with a variety of cans of beer present. Beirut was in progress on two tables. Officers were called to assist in shutting the party down.

11:34 p.m., Prospect: Noise complaint received. There were a few students playing music loudly, and Beirut was in progress. The students turned the music down and cleaned up the Beirut table.

Sunday 2-15-09

12:35 a.m., Carter: Noise complaint received. A small group of students was listening to very loud music and playing Beirut.

7:14 a.m., Tunnel City Coffee: A complaint was called in regarding ice falling from the roof. The area under the southern portion of the roof was coned off. The carpenter was notified and arrived to clean off part of the roof.

1:02 p.m., Mission: Security received a theft report from a student who reported that someone had gone through her unattended jacket.

1:55 p.m., Mark Hopkins: A student reported finding a fire extinguisher in the bushes. The extinguisher had been discharged.

2:05 p.m., Paresky: A staff member reported youths skateboarding near the building. An officer spoke with four high-school aged youths who said they did not know that skateboarding was not allowed on campus.

3:05 p.m., Currier: A student reported that a bag containing textbooks had been stolen.

10:25 p.m., Walden Street: Officers responded for a report of smoke detectors sounding. Upon arrival, the alarm had stopped.