Spring Street Blues 2-1-09 to 2-7-09

Sunday 2-1-09

10:53 a.m.: Dispatch received a call from a student who expressed concern for another student whom she could not locate. The student was later located.

Monday 2-2-09

7:07 a.m., Office Services: Officer responded after dispatch was notified that a college employee had slipped on a patch of ice and was being transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) for a wrist injury.

10:50 a.m., Jesup Hall: Office of Information Technology (OIT) staff called regarding ice that slid off the roof and broke the windshield of an OIT van. All vehicles parked on the corner of the building were moved.

Tuesday 2-3-09

2:57 p.m., Health Center: Officer responded to a report from staff of non-student youths “hanging out” in front of the building who had refused requests to leave the area.

10:25 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Bathroom leak was reported, and officers discovered a shower above that bathroom had a clogged drain. Officers were able to clear the drain.

Wednesday 2-4-09

1:37 a.m., Morgan Hall: Dispatch received a noise complaint regarding a small party. Upon arrival, officer found six students who were returning from the Red Herring. The students were advised of the complaint.

6:00 p.m., Lehman: Student called to report that her bunk bed fell off of the supports and landed on her hands. Medical assistance was offered but the student did not feel that she needed to go to the Health Center. Officers were able to put her bed together.

6:46 p.m., Carter: Officer smelled marijuana while in the building for a room opening and called for assistance to investigate. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was called and the items were confiscated. The student received a $100 fine.

Thursday 2-5-09

1:44 a.m., Garfield: Officer found Beirut activity on the two first floor lounges while in the building for a room opening.

Friday 2-6-09

9:30 p.m.: Student was arrested by WPD and charged with possession and distribution of various classes of illegal substances. The student was released on bail and will appear in court.

11:17 p.m., Prospect: A complaint was received about noise in the basement. The gathering was cleared out because of the large number of students with alcohol present.

11:50 p.m., Prospect: Another noise complaint was received. The cause was music played by the clean-up crew. The music was shut off.

Saturday 2-7-09

12:27 a.m., Prospect: Noise complaint received. On scene, officer found 10 to 12 students listening to music and playing Beirut. The area was cleaned and the group left.

2:30 a.m., Goodrich Hall: Officer found two students urinating on the stairs. One was identified and told to leave Goodrich Hall.

10:21 p.m., Prospect: Officers responded to a noise complaint and found six students listening to music and dancing. The music was turned down. The officer then broke up Beirut activity on the third and fourth floors. Loud music was turned down in all locations.

10:56 p.m., Mission: Officers responded to a fire alarm. Fire panel indicated an activated heat detector in a Dennett bathroom. Cause is unknown.

11:50 p.m., Mission: Officers responded to another fire alarm, caused again by an activated heat detector in the same Dennett bathroom. There was no steam in the bathroom, but someone had recently showered.