Volunteers needed for Claiming Williams community dinner

On Claiming Williams Day, Thursday, Feb. 5, Williams staff members, including those from dining services and Facilities, are invited to join students for dinner at Mission, Dodd, Greylock or Driscoll for an evening of food, relaxation and mingling. At this Community Dinner, the tables will be turned – students (and even some faculty!) are going to be the ones doing the kitchen preparation, serving and cleaning, which will allow Dining Services staff to take part in the meal.

Volunteers are needed to work in the dining halls that evening to help out, and anyone interested in volunteering can sign up individually or with a group of friends. Volunteering should be fun and a great way to show your appreciation for Williams staff, who work hard day after day so that everything runs smoothly. This dinner also will allow students and Williams staff to get to talk and learn more about each others’ lives outside of the daily grind, with the goal of further fostering communication and compassion between all members of our Williams community.

There are two shifts you can sign up for, the first from 4-6:30 p.m. and the second from 6:30-9 p.m. – you are also more than welcome to sign up for both. So grab some buddies, entrymates, teammates, your performance group or even your English professor, and volunteer to help make this first Community Dinner a success. You can e-mail me at jrg1@williams.edu with any questions or to sign up!

Janna Gordon ’11