Spring Street Blues

Sunday 1-11-09

1:50 a.m., Williams Hall: Evidence of illegal party in basement.

8:39 a.m., North Academic Building: Orange paint marks from paint balls on the north and west exterior walls reported by custodians.

Monday 1-12-09

11:58 a.m., Sage Hall: 9-1-1 medical call for employee hit in the head by piece of falling ice from the roof. Employee taken to hospital.

6:03 p.m., Perry: Heat complaint received. Two rooms, at 62 degrees, were colder than rest of house.

10:48 p.m., Brooks House: Illegal drinking game found in progress. Activity was shut down.

Tuesday 1-13-09

11:07 a.m., Dodd House: Fire system trouble alarm received. The fire safety technicians were notified.

9:44 p.m., Park Street: 9-1-1 medical call for a student who slipped on stairs. Student refused transport to NARH and was taken to room with an ice pack.

Wednesday 1-14-09

12:10 a.m.: 9-1-1 medical transport to NARH for a non-student who was intoxicated and needed to be evaluated.

6:40 p.m., Danforth Block: Report of water leaking from an upstairs bathroom through the ceiling fan into another apartment. On-call plumber and electrician were called in.

Thursday 1-15-09

10:35 p.m., Tyler Annex: Security located a lit, unattended candle in a student room. Candle was put out and confiscated. Student will be contacted.

11:27 p.m., Walden Street: Security responded to a fight in progress involving two female Williams students. Williams Police Department (WPD) on scene and questioned the students; both admitted to drinking alcohol. They were escorted back to their residences and told to have no further contact for the evening.

Friday 1-16-09

2:20 a.m., Hoxsey Street: Resident called WPD about a intoxicated student who tried to enter a house. WPD identified the student and returned the student to the correct campus residence.

7:20 a.m., East College: Security received call about an unidentified person sleeping in the common room. The person was identified as a guest of a College student.

Saturday 1-17-09

3:30 p.m., Lehman Hall: Report of paintballs being shot from the building. After investigation, two students were identified and admitted to being involved in the previous paintball incident reported on 01-11-09.

10:55 p.m., Spencer: Small student gathering located. Table for beirut was set up. The students were told drinking games were against policy, but the event could occur without the drinking game.

Sunday 1-18-09

1:44 a.m., Bryant House: Code 1 fire alarm caused by cooking. Area ventilated and system reset.

1:06 p.m., Towne Field House: Report of people on the roof. Check of area found no one present.

1:16 p.m., Towne Field House: 9-1-1 medical call from hockey rink. A student fell on the ice during the free skating time and chipped a tooth. Student transported to NARH.

6:03 p.m.: Security was notified about concern for a student who might not have returned from a hiking trip. The student was contacted by cell phone and reported to be fine.