Spring Street Blues 11-10-08 – 11-16-08

Monday 11-10-08

9:05 a.m., Agard: Custodial supervisor reported possible Beirut activity in the basement study lounge. The waste barrel was filled with 45 to 50 cans and there was a table in the room.

9:45 p.m., Bronfman: Fire alarm was activated. A pull station had been triggered, though no reason for the activation was found. The pull station could not be put back together because it was damaged.

Tuesday 11-11-08

11:48 a.m., Physics: Dispatch activated 9-1-1 for a report of a female staff member possibly having a heart attack. She was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Wednesday 11-12-08

10:29 a.m., Mark Hopkins: Theft report taken from a student whose watch was stolen.

10:30 a.m. Theft report taken from student concerning several items, including some cash taken from a wallet and a laptop.

12:00 p.m., Williams Hall: Theft report received from student in Williams C of a stolen bookbag containing a wallet and an iPod. The wallet was recovered nearby but was missing some money.

1:10 p.m., Sawyer: Theft report received from a student in Sage B of laptop taken from a desk in the library basement.

1:15 p.m. Student reported that the watch that had been stolen earlier was found.

4:05 p.m., Williams Hall: Theft report received from student in Williams C of a laptop computer and $45 in cash stolen from a common room. The perpetrator took the cash but left the credit cards and other identification in the wallet.

10:25 p.m., Williams Hall: Officers investigating the thefts found a couple of students using a bong to smoke marijuana. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was notified.

11-13-08 Thursday

10:00 a.m., Poker Flats: Officers responded to a report of possible drug use in the area. Upon checking the area, it was determined that WPD should be notified.

9:15 p.m., Paresky: Student living in the Rectory called to report that a laptop was stolen.

9:22 p.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance (CTD): Officers responded to a report of an injured student. Village Ambulance transported the student to NARH.

9:58 p.m., Williams Hall: Student in Williams C came to Security to report that money had been taken from a wallet in a backpack.

11:51 p.m., Garfield: Noise complaint received.

Friday 11-14-08

12:17 p.m., Gladden: Custodian called to report a fire on the first floor in the kitchenette oven. Dispatch activated 9-1-1 and also notified the Office of Safety and Environmental Compliance. Williamstown Fire Department arrived on scene. No fire was found. The smoke was caused by the self-cleaning cycle on the stove.

11:23 p.m., Brooks: Fire alarm caused by powder in the air from a discharged fire extinguisher. Officer located the discharged extinguisher in a trash barrel outside the basement custodial area mechanical room. The on-call custodian was paged in.

Saturday 11-15-08

12:20 a.m., Gladden: Officers responded to speak with a student concerning two male strangers in the common room who had just left.

12:39 a.m., Garfield: Noise complaint received from a town resident.

10:45 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Officers responded to a fourth floor common area for a noise complaint.

11:10 p.m., Facilities: A motor vehicle accident occurred in the parking lot involving a student driver in a College van and a parked vehicle.

Sunday 11-16-08

12:03 a.m., Prospect: 9-1-1 was activated for a student having an allergic reaction to peanuts. The student was transported to NARH via Village Ambulance.

12:45 a.m., Poker Flats: Officers responded to a noise complaint.

12:47 a.m., Prospect: Officers responded to the basement for a report of an intoxicated student that may have been “out of control.” 9-1-1 was activated and the student was transported by Village Ambulance to NARH.

1:55 a.m., Agard: Officers responded to the kitchen and lounge for a noise complaint.

5:55 p.m., Doughty: Fire alarm activated by inept cooking.