Spring Street Blues 10-27-08 – 11-02-08

Monday 10-27-08

9:42 a.m., Carter House: Student reported his bike seat was stolen. Four bikes which were secured on the east side of the building were also missing seats. Reports were sent to Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

11:16 a.m., Poker Flats: Custodial Supervisor reported remnants of Beirut activity in the basement.

2:45 p.m., Mark Hopkins: A theft report from a student of an unsecured bike next to the bike rack at the B entry. Report form was filled out and faxed to WPD.

Tuesday 10-28-08

9:41 a.m., Southworth School Archives: Dispatch received a panic alarm. Officers checked with staff on site and found everything was fine.

Thursday 10-30-08

1:30 a.m., Morgan: Dispatch received a call regarding an intoxicated person. Student refused medical assistance.

Friday 10-31-08

12:26 a.m., Mission: An illegal party was discovered in Armstrong. Students were present drinking beer and smoking a water pipe.

12:48 a.m., Gladden: Officers responded to a noise complaint to discover loud music and Beirut activity.

1:15 a.m.,Woodbridge House: Noise complaint filed. Students listening to music were notified.

1:02 p.m., Paresky: Staff member reported a dog was tied to the east handrail outside. Officer checked Paresky but the owner was not located.

Saturday 11-01-08

2:15 a.m., Dodd: 9-1-1 activated for an intoxicated student. Student refused transport to the North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

2:28 a.m., 71-73 Hoxey St: WPD was contacted about a noise complaint at the house filed by a town resident. The residents of the house were notified.

2:53 a.m., Prospect: Officers responded to an abandoned 9-1-1 call from the basement. WPD responded as well. No emergency or anyone in need of assistance found.

11:46 a.m., Williams Hall: Officers responded to a fire alarm. A smoke detector in a room was activated due to use of a hair dryer.

12:37 p.m., Chandler Gym: Officers responded to a fire alarm. A detector was activated due to steam from the showers. The fire system was cleared and reset.

Sunday 11-2-08

12:27 a.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a request of Snack Bar staff concerning the size of crowd and temperament of a few individuals.

1:54 a.m., Wood House: Officers responded to a report of an unresponsive individual in the bathroom that had been there for several hours. WPD and Village Ambulance responded as well. After a check on the individual, no medical attention or transport was deemed necessary.