Style Pop Quiz: Ivette Stanziola ’12

I found Ivette Stanziola ’12 reading in the Snack Bar.

What are you wearing today?

I’m wearing a printed shirt from Free People, a simple navy blue sweater, jeans and boots with all these different accessories.

I notice that you do have a lot of accessories, is that a big part of your style?

Yeah, I feel like you can take any simple t-shirt or clothing item and if you add the right accessories to it, it can express your mood – I think it really just livens up my outfits.

So what kind of accessories do you like to wear?

Well, we’re inside now, but sunglasses are always a big thing with me. I wear a lot of bracelets -earrings are a big thing. I don’t wear necklaces so much because I feel like they can be kind of heavy.

What’s your favorite accessory that you are wearing right now?

Probably this bracelet that I got while my family and I were traveling to Turkey. It just reminds me of all the time I spent with them, and it’s really cool. Overall, I think everything that I wear is pretty eclectic. I have a little bit of everything from different places. It’s a big part of who I am.

So what do you think is the biggest influence on your style?

I think it would have to be just that I really like to experiment. I dare myself to just try out different stuff. My style now has become a huge mix of these different things and I think it really expresses who I am.

You’re from Miami; how do you think that affects your style?

I think that means I wear a lot of bright colors. I do end up wearing a lot of dresses and very summer-like clothes, which I think I am going to have to stop wearing now that I am here.

So has your clothing changed since moving to New England?

I’ve definitely had to change it up a little bit. I’m wearing a lot more sweaters now, but if I can just get a big jacket to put it over my dress, it still works out fine for me.

How would you describe your style – concisely?

Right now, I’d have to say eclectic Bohemian.

Has your style changed since coming to Williams?

No, I think my style defines me really well, so I am going to carry it out here. But throughout high school, I definitely did see a lot of shifts in the way that I dressed. Now it has become an overall mix of all these different styles.