Spring Street Blues

Monday 10-20-08

3:25 p.m., Williams College Museum of Art: Dispatcher called 9-1-1 after staff reported some type of burning smell in the 1935 Gallery. No problem was found.

3:45 p.m., Received a call requesting Campus Safety to Human Resources to discuss a serious personnel matter. An employee had made threatening remarks towards co-workers. The subject was later arrested by the Williams Police Department (WPD) and arraigned in court. An all campus e-mail sent to notify campus of the situation.

Tuesday 10-21-08

8:36 p.m., Miller House: Intrusion alarm activated. Security officers found a student who reported that he had walked into the house looking for a study group.

Wednesday 10-22-08

6:07 a.m., Griffin Hall: Intrusion alarm received. The problem was in the alarm panel. A work order was filled out for Fire Safety.

6:20 a.m., Tyler House: Custodial Supervisor reported beer pong activity in the Moose Room.

9:41 a.m., Poker Flats: Complaint from custodial office of past Beirut activity in entry basement common room.

11:23 a.m., An athletic staff member reported seeing a bobcat between Goodrich Hall and Lasell Gym. Officers responded with the Williamstown Police Department. No bobcat was located.

3:55 p.m., Chandler Gym: Fire alarm received.

5:11 p.m., Cole Field: Athletic trainer called to request 9-1-1 be activated for an injured soccer player. Officers responded to assist. A Keene State student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) via Village Ambulance.

6:51 p.m., Athletic Facility Monitor reported an attempted theft in the men’s locker room. Officers responded and took a report from a student. WPD was notified.

Thursday 10-23-08

4:16 p.m., Carter House: Officers responded to the basement following a report of glass breaking.

4:55 p.m., A theft report taken from a student of an unlocked bike taken from outside of Schow Atrium on 10-18-08.

11:35 p.m., Brooks House: Officer observed beer pong activity in the basement pool room. Upon investigating, officer found loud voices and banging noises coming from the porch roof of the north end of Spencer.

Friday 10-24-08

2:42 p.m., Williams Hall: Fire alarm activated. A smoke detector was activated by a hair dryer.

11:17 p.m., Prospect: Fire alarm activated. There was a pull station activated in a common room. Officers also found Beirut activity in the common area.

Saturday 10-25-08

1:08 p.m., WCMA: Fire alarm activated. No fire or smoke was present. Officers were unable to locate the detector and attempted to reset it. Fire Safety Technician was paged and responded.

1:41 p.m., Hubbell House: An officer noticed a large tree leaning against the side of the building. The Lead Landscape Gardner was notified and responded.

Sunday 10-26-08

12:51 a.m., Mark Hopkins: Officer responded to a report of bottles being thrown out of a window and broken glass on the sidewalk.

4:05 p.m., Health Center: Dispatch received notification that 9-1-1 was called. Officers responded to assist. A student was longboarding down Hopper Road in Williamstown when she fell hitting her face on the road. Village Ambulance arrived and transported her to NARH.

4:47 p.m., Doughty House: Fire alarm activated. A smoke detector activated in the first floor living room caused from smoke from the fire place.

8:15 p.m., Student reported to the dispatcher she was just approached outside of Sawyer/Stetson by a man asking her if she wanted to buy “pot.” Officers and WPD responded. Description taken and the person was identified, apprehended and arrested by WPD.