Homecoming to bring festivities

Put away that plain t-shirt, take a trip to Goff’s and the Women’s Exchange and get ready to spend the next three days decked out in crazy costumes and head-to-toe purple and gold. All Campus Entertainment (ACE) and the four neighborhoods have planned a jam-packed weekend of events celebrating two of the most festive days on the Williams calendar – Halloween and Homecoming – which fall on this upcoming Friday and Saturday, respectively.
The festivities will begin tomorrow, with “Taste of Williams” Stressbusters in Goodrich from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. At 9 p.m., after decorating t-shirts and posters for Homecoming, students can grab Williams paraphernalia and head over to Baxter Hall to watch the horror movie “Hostel 2.”
For those excited to celebrate Halloween, Friday night will offer a number of options. ACE is bringing the hip-hop artists Charles Hamilton, whose track “Brooklyn Girls” was featured on an episode of “Entourage,” and Rhymefest, a Grammy recipient, to Lasell Gym. The artists will perform back to back from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Also at 9 p.m., “Hostel 2” will be showing again in Baxter Hall.
Dodd Neighborhood will be hosting a Halloween craft-making gathering in Dodd House from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. ACE will be hosting two Halloween-themed parties: a Freaky Friday party at Goodrich from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. and a Late Night Thriller party at Brooks from 12 a.m. to 3 a.m. ACE is hiring DJ Vince, an outside DJ, for the Freaky Friday party, whose theme is “general Halloween fun.” DJ Dirty Deeds from the College will be providing music at the Late Night Thriller.
The annual Homecoming football game will take place on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Weston Field. Spectators can enjoy the dozens of tailgates at Weston beforehand and then watch the Ephs take on the Wesleyan Cardinals. There were 34 tailgating slots allocated by Campus Safety and Security and Facilities, including six reserved for the neighborhoods, ACE and the Minority Coalition, and the rest distributed by Campus Life via lottery.
Saturday night, all four neighborhoods are collaborating to throw a Masquerade Ball. This semi-formal dance will take place in Goodrich from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. and music will be provided by DJs Dirty Deeds and D-Lo. Students can refuel after hours of dancing with snacks including pizza and wings at a late night event at Currier Ballroom from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m., also sponsored by the neighborhoods.