Spring Street Blues 9-24-08

Monday 9-15-08

7:39 a.m., Parking Garage: Williamstown Police Department (WPD) officers and Security responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle on second level. The occupant was a high school student who claimed he was studying. He was advised to find another location off-campus.

Tuesday 9-16-08

4:24 p.m., Hubbell: Students reported a nail and staple sticking up out of the floor in a room. Staple removed and nail hammered back down into the floor.

Wednesday 9-17-08

1:40 p.m., Mears House: Officers responded to a report of individuals using golf clubs to hit tennis balls in and around the house. No one was located.

4:25 p.m., Parking Garage: Three young non-Williams males were located in the fenced in area of parking garage. All had skateboards and one carried a camcorder. They claimed to be filming a skateboarding documentary about their “tricks” on their skateboards. All were identified and advised that they had entered a secured area and that they are not permitted to skateboard anywhere on College property.

Thursday 9-18-08

6:00 p.m., All Dorms: Fire alarm drills conducted in all student residences on campus. In addition to covered smoke detectors (Tyler and Fitch) and incense (Fitch and Doughty), Officers found marijuana and related paraphernalia in Carter and notified WPD. At Poker Flats, three students refused to leave during the drill.

11:42 p.m., Brooks: Noise complaint received. Several students had been singing loudly.

Friday 9-19-08

3:00 p.m., Morgan: Officers responded to a report of individuals climbing the south wall but found no one at the scene.

8:53 p.m., Student cited by WPD for liquor law violation.

9:30 p.m., Prospect: Officers located an unattended laptop computer in the basement. The laptop was tagged and brought to Security. Student later identified it and it was returned.

11:14 p.m., Parking Garage: Two unidentified individuals ran from the garage when approached by Security. Officers were unable to locate and identify them but garage area was checked for vehicle damage, etc. Nothing was found.

Saturday 9-20-08

12:07 a.m., Student arrested by WPD for open container violation and fake ID.

12:20 a.m., Officers observed a female lying on the ground. The female student stood up and was responsive to questions. She left area with a friend.
12:52 a.m., Morgan: 9-1-1 dispatch to Morgan for a student who was transported to the North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) for a medical problem.

6:08 p.m., Tyler: Noise complaint filed at the house. Students found inside and outside of building. Security officers advised them of the complaint and the area was quiet.

9:04 p.m., Fayerweather: Noise complaint received. No one was located and no basis for the complaint was found.

9:04 p.m., Student cited by WPD for liquor law violations.

9:50 p.m., ’62 Center: Report received that someone kicked and broke a light behind the Center. A male student who fit the description was located, but he denied breaking the light. A follow-up meeting/investigation will occur.

10:40 p.m., Agard: A large, illegal party was shut down.

11:38 p.m., Spencer House: A large, illegal party was shut down.

Sunday 9-21-08

1:38 a.m.: WPD arrested one student for disorderly conduct and another for an open container violation.

3:15 a.m., Students reported being concerned about one of their friends. The friend was located and was transported to her room. She agreed to call Security if she needed any assistance.