Spring Street Blues 09-10-08

Friday 8-29-08

6:39 p.m., Sage: Officer performed a welfare check on a student on the request of a father.

Saturday 8-30-08

1:30 a.m., Towne Field House: Officers responded to a report that students were banging on the doors and disturbing WOOLF groups.

8:42 p.m., Park Street: A house on the street reported a beeping sound. Officers discovered the sound was coming from the smoke detector near the front door. The on-call fire safety technician was paged.

Sunday 8-31-08

7:03 a.m., Mills: Officers responded to a noise complaint. An alarm clock was turned off in a room where the resident was not present.

Monday 9-1-08

12:12 a.m., Woodbridge: A noise complaint was received. Around 20 students were found in the common room with two empty 30-packs of beer. Students were cooperative, cleaned up the area and then dispersed.

8:18 p.m., Lynde Lane: A student was picked up and taken to the Health Center and then to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH). The student had sustained a laceration while cutting into an apple.

9:46 p.m., A student called to report an unwanted guest at her door. Officers identified the person and spoke with him about his actions.

Tuesday 9-2-08

1:54 a.m., Tyler: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 activation from a cell phone for an unresponsive person.

6:30 a.m., Agard: Officers issued a work order to remove a homemade Beirut table from the basement.

9:30 p.m., Frosh Quad: During bike patrol, Officers heard loud music coming from Williams Hall. Upon investigation, officers found a common room area filled with Beirut-playing students.

Wednesday 9-3-08

11:51 p.m., Morgan: A noise complaint was received from the basement. Officers found around 20 students gathered and being very loud.

12:20 a.m., Prospect: Officers were dispatched for a noise complaint from Fitch. A group of 50 students was found in front of the building and were asked to disperse.

7:00 a.m., Tyler House: Officers arrived in response to a report of Beirut activity.

9:51 a.m., ’62 Center: The north elevator malfunctioned. One person was inside and the problem was solved.

Friday 9-5-08

10:30 p.m., Goodrich Hall: An officer witnessed a student rip the screen on the window near the northeast entrance door.

11:55 p.m., Hoxsey St: Dispatch received a call from a town resident complaining of loud noise coming from what they thought to be a college-owned residence. The noise was coming from a non-college owned building. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) responded.

Saturday 9-6-08

9:36 p.m., Spencer: An officer observed a gathering of students in the north living room. The officer went inside to remind them that drinking games were prohibited on campus.

9:58 p.m., Goodrich House: An officer spoke with a student in regarding a suspicious person in the house.

Sunday 9-7-08

12:58 a.m., Bryant House: A fire alarm was activated. The cause was marijuana smoking, to which a student admitted. WPD was called to the scene.

6:00 p.m., Williams Hall: An officer from the WPD requested that an officer meet him in the building. WPD needed to speak to a student regarding a fake ID. The student was informed that he would be receiving a summons to appear in court for using the ID. The WPD officer also asked to speak with another student in Perry, also regarding the use of a fake ID.