Spring Street Blues

Monday 4-21-08

2:24 p.m. 9-1-1 was activated from the Health Center for a student having an asthma attack. Officers responded and assisted. Village Ambulance transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Tuesday 4-22-08

12:22 a.m. Fire alarm received from Williams Hall due to student smoking.

10:35 p.m. Dispatch received a noise complaint from Morgan of some people on the sidewalk between Morgan and Jesup riding bikes. Officers found several non-students on BMX stunt type bikes. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was called in for assistance due to the negative and disrespectful attitude of one of the non-students.

Wednesday 4-23-08

12:51 a.m. Officers responded to Currier for a noise complaint coming from the Berkshire Quad area. Found 12-16 students playing capture the flag in the quad. They were informed of the noise complaint. Students were all cooperative.

2:15 p.m. A staff member was stuck in the elevator in Hopkins basement. Electricians and Baystate Elevator were notified and both responded.

2:20 p.m. Dispatch received a call from a staff member concerning three or four high school age youths throwing tennis balls around inside the hockey rink.

8:25 p.m. Officers responded to Lehman Hall for a student having an allergy attack. She was taken to the Health Center and then to NARH.

10:53 p.m. Fire alarm was activated from Parsons, caused by burnt grilled cheese. Area was ventilated, and the system was cleared and reset.

Friday 4-25-08

6:00 a.m. Work order was filled for a forklift to dismantle a pyramid of picnic tables left in front of Paresky.

5:43 p.m. Dispatch received a report of a student who had dislocated his left shoulder at the upper field behind Chaffee Tennis. 9-1-1 was activated. Village Ambulance arrived, stabilized the student’s shoulder and arm and transported him to NARH.

Saturday 4-26-08

6:25 a.m. Officers responded to Gladden for a report of an intoxicated person in need of assistance.

12:11 p.m. An anonymous South Street resident called dispatch to complain about the loud PA system at Renzie Lamb field. There was a lacrosse game in progress.

4:35 p.m. A complaint of foul language being used over a microphone was received from Garfield.

Sunday 4-27-08

1:30 a.m. Officers responded to Pratt area for an intoxicated student. 9-1-1 was activated. Village Ambulance responded and transported the student to NARH.

1:38 a.m. Officers responded to Williams Hall basement for a report of a possible head injury. 9-1-1 was activated and Village Ambulance responded.

1:50 p.m. While driving north on Hoxsey Street near the intersection with Route 2, an officer observed two males riding on a steamroller. The steamroller came to rest in the westbound lane of Route 2 near Stetson Circuit. WPD also arrived on the scene, and the two males then fled on foot and went into Bryant.

2:25 a.m. NARH emergency room personnel informed dispatch that a student was being combative. An officer responded to the hospital and was met by NARH security who reported that the student had caused damage to a wall. Student was released to the officer and returned to campus.

3:55 a.m. Officers responded to West lot for a report of student sitting on a bench, intoxicated and unresponsive. 9-1-1 was activated. Village Ambulance arrived and transported the student to NARH.