Spring Street Blues – 23 April 2008

Wednesday 4-16-08

4:05 a.m. While conducting security checks of the lower Mission lot, an officer noticed a vehicle wrapped in toilet paper and colored streamers with writing on the windows.

Friday 4-18-08

12:46 a.m. Officers located and shut down an illegal drinking game in Williams Hall.

8:15 a.m. Custodians reported that the shed north of the Health Center had been broken into. A full, five-gallon, red, plastic gas can was missing.

9:12 a.m. Dining Services reported a theft of an eight-foot folding table from Driscoll lounge.

5:25 p.m. Fire alarm activated at Poker Flats due to burnt oatmeal.

6:15 p.m. Dispatch received a call from town residents who reported that their dog had suddenly collapsed while walking along the temporary walkway between Stetson and Sawyer. They expressed concern that the dog may have been electrocuted because it collapsed just after walking over a PVC pipe for a pole light. Upon arrival it was determined that the dog had died. The on call electrician was paged to come in and check for live wires. None were found.

Saturday 4-19-08

12:10 a.m. An illegal party was broken up in the Poker Flats basement.

9:40 p.m. Paresky staff called to report a fire in the cigarette receptacle located outside the Paresky loading dock.

Sunday 4-20-08

12:08 a.m. Officer responded to a noise complaint from Mark Hopkins.

1:38 p.m. Dispatch received request for an ambulance at Towne Field House for a Third Eye Blind crew member who had cut his left hand with a knife.

3:00 p.m. Officers responded to Weston Field for a report of a person having a heart attack. Williamstown Police Department was already on scene and administering oxygen. The individual was concerned that he might be having a heart attack and was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital via Village Ambulance.

4:15 p.m. A report of skateboarders near Greylock Dining was called in. The youths were found and reminded of the policy of no skateboarding on campus.