Facilities loses VP Addison, reshuffles

Irene Addison, former associate vice president for Facilities Services, left the College for family reasons in early February. A search committee is being formed for Addison’s replacement.

Throughout her five years at Williams, Addison served in a crucial role at Facilities. Her portfolio included tasks ranging from planning and construction, to repairs and maintenance and other operational duties. She reported directly to the vice president for operations.

“Irene was the driving force in the capital projects that are going on in campus right now,” said Bea Miles, director for Facilities Services. Miles added that Addison oversaw contracts and the selection of contractors in the construction of the Paresky Center and the new Stetson-Sawyer project.

In Addison’s absence, two additional senior personnel have joined Facilities. After 20 years at Harvard, David Dower became the new director of planning and construction on Feb. 11. Associate Director of Human Resources Bob Wright is temporarily holding the post of director of operations.

“While the search is underway, I am really enjoying this opportunity to work more closely with everyone in this important department,” said Steve Klass, vice president for operations. “The entire organization is working hard and continuing to provide excellent service while we search for a new associate vice president.”