Spring Street Blues

Monday 2-18-08

11:06 a.m. Student reported the theft of an Apple iPhone from a Williams Hall common room. A stolen article report was filed and sent to Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

3:10 p.m. Fire alarm was set off at the Center for Developmental Economics. Hair spray triggered the alarm.

5:45 p.m. Officer responded to a report of a dog tipping over garbage cans and running loose at Thompson Chemistry. The owner was located and asked to keep the dog under control. The dog was then leashed.

Tuesday 2-19-08

7:16 p.m. Student reported the theft of a pair of sneakers from the women’s locker room. A stolen article report was filed and faxed to WPD.

Wednesday 2-20-08

12:05 p.m. Officers responded to a Chandler Gym/Lasell report of a burning smell. 911 was activated. Fire and safety personnel spent approximately 30 minutes searching the buildings for the source of the smell. The fire department employed an infrared camera in an attempt to locate any potential hot spots, but none were found.

1:36 p.m. MacGray repairman reported that he was on campus to empty and clear the coin tray washing machines on campus. The machines have been tampered with and will be retro-fitted to prevent future tampering.

10:40 p.m. A fire alarm was received from the ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance. A smoke detector was activated when haze from a performance in the CenterStage area escaped.

Thursday 2-21-08

1:30 p.m. Seven Texas Instruments TI-89 graphing calculators were reported missing from the Schow Library inventory. A stolen article report was filed and faxed to WPD.

Friday 2-22-08

1:59 p.m. Officers responded to a 911 call for medical assistance at Mission Park Dining Hall after a staff member fell, hit his head and passed out. Village Ambulance arrived and transported him to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Saturday 2-23-08

12:11 p.m. Officers responded to a medical emergency at Williams Hall. A student cut his head after hitting the corner of his dresser drawer.

Sunday 2-24-08

3:25 a.m. Officers responded to Dodd House for a noise complaint. On scene, the DJ was still playing. The event was supposed to end at 3:00 a.m. Officers asked the DJ to shut off the music.

7:33 p.m. Student reported a coat taken from Paresky Snack Bar during 100 Days.