Spring Street Blues

Monday 2-11-08

10:00 a.m. An officer responded to reports in Tyler Annex of a burned door sign.

3:15 p.m. Students at the Rectory reported a beeping carbon monoxide detector. Readings were taken and no danger was detected.

6:50 p.m. A Paresky custodian turned in a bottle of vodka found outside of the stage door to L02, hidden in a podium. The bottle was emptied and disposed.

11:48 p.m. Seven students were discovered in a Williams Hall common room playing Beirut.

Tuesday 2-12-08

3:59 a.m. Officers booted a black Ford Expedition parked in Thompson lot.

9:12 p.m. Dining services reported a leak in the Whitman’s Café dish room ceiling. The on-call tradesman was paged in.

Wednesday 2-13-08

10:53 a.m. Officers responded to a medical emergency in Spencer Art. A student had passed out, fallen off her chair and hit her head on the floor, suffering a cut to the back of her head. Village Ambulance transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

11:52 a.m. Dispatch was notified of a minor motor vehicle accident on the north side of Lehman Hall. A vehicle slid off the icy road into a snow bank. Some vehicle damage was sustained but there were no injuries.

2:23 p.m. An officer responded to a request for a welfare check on a sick student in Hubbell. The officer transported the student to the Health Center.

11:30 p.m. Officers reported a successful Stand With Us rally, despite a large and enthusiastic crowd.

Thursday 2-14-08

11:38 a.m. Paresky manager reported that a delivery driver had fallen outside at the loading dock and was apparently injured.

10:05 p.m. Security heard loud music coming from the third floor of Williams Hall. A stereo was playing and three bottles of hard alcohol were present. The alcohol was poured out and the students were reminded of college drinking policies.

Friday 2-15-08

4:37 a.m. Officers responded to Morgan Hall for a 911 activation. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) called Security off the case, which involved the report of a potential sucide, because it involved a former student who is not currently enrolled in the College.

11:35 a.m. Officer took a statement from a student in Tyler, who reported that around 5:05 a.m. an unidentified female walked into the student’s room and urinated in a chair.

Saturday 2-16-08

10:40 p.m. Officers discovered an illegal party in progress in the Sage Hall basement TV room.

11:20 p.m. Officers reported to Armstrong following a noise complaint. An illegal party was discovered. All students ran upon the arrival of Security.

Sunday 2-17-08

12:02 a.m. Officers responded to Hardy House for a report of an intoxicated person with a high heart rate. The student was transported by Village Ambulance to NARH.

12:15 a.m. Security reported to Susie Hopkins and broke up an unregistered party. Residents and guests were polite and complied.