Spring Street Blues

Monday 10-22-07

2:00 p.m. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) reported that two students were cited for alcohol violations, one for carrying three kegs in violation of state law and the other for being a minor in possession of and transporting alcoholic beverages in a motor vehicle.

Wednesday 10-24-07

11:25 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a student collapsing outside of a biology classroom. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

5:00 p.m. A student reported a calculator stolen out of a backpack. Stolen Article Report filed with WPD.

Thursday 10-25-07

7:02 p.m. A student employee at Greylock Dining Hall suffered a cut from a serrated edge of an aluminum foil box. Officers responded and student was taken to NARH.

9:29 p.m. Officers conducted a wellness check on a student at the request of his parent.

Friday 10-26-07

9:30 a.m. WPD responded to a motor vehicle accident on Park St. involving a College vehicle. Nobody was injured, and the owner of the parked car was contacted.

11:19 p.m. A student reported vomit in the Bryant C stairwell from the third floor to the basement. Officers found vomit on the stairs, landings and railings, as well as urine nearby. The custodian on-call was contacted for clean-up.

Saturday 10-27-07

1:10 a.m. Dispatch received a call reporting sounds of broken glass and yelling in Gladden. Several students were partying in the basement area of Gladden, and were cleaning up and leaving as officers arrived.

7:20 a.m. Officers found a partially burnt textbook on the landing between the first and second floors of Bryant B. Ashes were spread around the book. Pictures were taken for documentation.

Sunday 10-28-07

1:10 a.m. Paresky Snack Bar staff reported an incident in which a student threw ice into a fry-o-lator, spraying hot cooking oil and almost hitting a staff member.

1:00 p.m. Officers received a report of a student vomiting in Williams Hall. She refused to go to the Health Center and cleaned up using materials from the custodial closet.

2:18 p.m. A coach notified officers of a motor vehicle accident involving a College van. The accident happened in Stillwater, N.Y.