Spring Street Blues

Monday 10-15-07

11:50 a.m. Campus Safety and Security received a report of a shotgun that was visible in the back seat of an unlocked vehicle parked on campus. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was notified and confiscated the unsecured and unloaded 20-gauge shotgun. The owner was identified and told to contact WPD.

5:37 p.m. A fire alarm went off in Hubbell House caused by cooking.

Tuesday 10-16-07

3:10 a.m. Officers responded to assist a student after a request from the on-call counselor. Village Ambulance transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Thursday 10-18-07

10:20 a.m. An employee of Tree Works reported a portion of a tree branch fell, struck and damaged a vehicle in the Thompson Chapel parking lot. WPD and the owner of the vehicle were contacted.

2:20 p.m. Officers responded to Currier for a damage complaint after receiving a report that a group of males walking up the sidewalk west of Currier bounced a basketball into a pane of glass and broke it.

Friday 10-19-07

1:47 a.m. Officers responded to Snack Bar for a report of a student who was in possession of alcohol. The student appeared to have been drinking and responded angrily to Dining Services staff and Security officers.

7:50 a.m. Custodians reported urine on the floor in the breezeway to the east door of Rice House.

Saturday 10-20-07

1:20 a.m. WPD received a noise complaint from a town resident about an event at Dodd. Security contacted the party’s host, who turned down the music and shut the windows.

10:43 a.m. Security received a report of a man in Morgan who may not have been authorized to be in the building. Officers identified the person.

4:20 p.m. A student reported a missing ping pong table and net from Brooks.

6:07 p.m. Officers responded to Fitch after receiving a report about a gas odor coming from the southwest entry. Williamstown Fire Department found the source to be high heat from the mechanical room. The on-call electrician and mechanical trades were called in.

11:30 p.m. Officers responded to Bryant for a noise complaint.

Sunday 10-21-07

12:55 a.m. Officers responded to Snack Bar after the manager requested help with crowd control.

7:18 p.m. Officer responded to Morgan and found vomit in a bathroom.