Spring St. Blues

Tuesday 1-21-03

11:35p.m. Reported to Faye after a student resident reported his storm window being broken. Officers verified the damage. A group of students were throwing snowballs in the quad, which caused the broken window. The group that caused the damage ran away when the window was smashed.

Wednesday 1-22-03

12:50 a.m. Fire alarm received from Sage Hall. Caused by smoking. The room indicated contained five empty bottles of hard liquor and many empty beer cans. The room was wallpapered with empty 30 pack containers.

7:15 a.m. Dispatched to Perry House living room concerning a report of beer pong activity.

10:44 a.m. Intrusion alarm from Mt. Hope Mansion. The basement beam detector was activated by a profesor conducting a tour. Officer cleared and reset the system after the tour ended.

8:03 p.m. Officer dispatched to Tyler Annex for a pipe leaking. Officer confirmed the leak and HVAC technician was paged in. A work order was also placed for the custodians to clean the water stains on the rug.

9:39 p.m. Intrusion alarm received from Lasell Bell Tower doors. The area was checked, no one found in the area. Cause unknown. Door was reset.

9:45 p.m. While doing a fire alarm system test at Garfield, two students approached the Officer regarding the temperature in their rooms. Temperature readings in rooms were taken and found below 55 degrees. On-call HVAC technician was paged in.

10:40 p.m. Responded to an excessive heat complaint at Currier S. Temperature was 88 degrees. HVAC technician paged to check.

Thursday 1-23-0

12:10 a.m. HVAC technician reported that the thermostat in a room in Currier has been tampered with on several occasions. He spoke with the student and has advised that the thermostat control the heat for the entire building. Resident continues to tamper with the thermostat despite these warnings and should be fined for the resulting service calls and repairs.

6:39 a.m. Fire alarm received from Baxter. Cause unknown. System was cleared and reset.

4:17 p.m. Officer responded to a report of heating pipes banging loudly in Prospect. Steamfitter was notified.

5:07 p.m. Responded to a no-heat complaint in Pratt House. Temperature in the hallway was 61 degrees. On-call Electrician was notified.

5:32 p.m. Officer responded to the Log and met Dining Services employee who stated the Log is missing four three-foot square tables. Staff indicated that as of last night/early this morning, the tables were present and stacked in the middle room.

6:15 p.m. Responded to Hubbell for a heat complaint. Temperature in the room was 60 degrees. On-call steamfitter was paged in.

10:12 p.m. Officer found approximately 25 students in the 2nd floor common room of Tyler Annex playing beer pong on plywood.

Friday 1-24-03

12:04 a.m. Officers responded to a 911 hang up call at Tyler Annex, first floor. They were also met on scene by WPD Officers. As they entered the first floor hallway they observed about 20 students standing in the kitchen playing beer pong. The game was ended and the kitchen area was cleaned up. All students present deny making the call.

7:03 p.m. Fire alarm at Garfield House. Upon arrival officers found there was water flowing down the north sidewalk. The fire panel indicated “water flow, sprinkler flow, general alarm.” The on-call steamfitter, plumber, and fire safety technicians were called in. The Manager of Environmental Health and Safety and the on-call electrician were also notified. Cause was a broken sprinkler pipe located behind the cinder block wall.

9:20 p.m. Resident of Garfield reported an odor of gas in the hallway by her room. The odor was caused by a heater contacting stagnant water.

9:30 p.m. Upon entering Morgan Hall to do the fire alarm test, officers came upon an illegal party.

10:45 p.m. Snack Bar employees reported the water in their sink was discolored. Plumber was notified.

Saturday 1-25-03

1:57 a.m. Fire alarm at Morgan Hall. The cause was an activated pull station on the first floor east stairwell.

4:15 a.m. Officer responded to Garfield for a no-heat complaint. The temperature in the room was 52 degrees and falling. On- call steamfitter was paged.

8:29 a.m. Faculty resident of 40 Southworth St., called to report no hot water. The pilot light was found to be out on the hot water tank. Plumber was paged.

10:15 a.m. Employee from the Clip Shop on Spring St. called to report a strange odor in the basement. Officers determined it may be a sewage smell in the supply room. On-call plumber was paged.

11:00 a.m. Officer dispatched to Morley Science Center for a water leak. Water was found flowing out of one of the air supply units in the mechanical room, 3rd floor. HVAV technician was paged in.

1:20 p.m. Theft reports filed concerning a wallet stolen from the locker room at Lasell gym in the afternoon.

7:40 p.m. Officer responded to a report of a water leak in Goodrich Hall. Three different leaks in the northwest corner of the room found. The plumber and steamfitter were paged in.

10:38 p.m. Officers dispatched to Sage Hall bathroom for a student requiring assistance. Officers arrived and found extremely intoxicated student. 911 was activated and student was transported to NARH via Village Ambulance.