ACE needs more student hosts, monitors

I would like to thank all of the people who have helped out this year in terms of party planning by DJing, hosting, serving, peer monitoring or cleaning up, especially on Homecoming weekend. I would also like to apologize for the inconsistent party planning thus far this year.

As the ACE social and house events group, we are doing the best we can to serve the campus by throwing all campus parties, especially because we are aware of the need to give students a place to congregate and drink/party in a safe setting. However, there has been a serious lack of students willing to work at parties and organize parties.

ACE’s social and house events group has money for all campus parties every weekend but does not have the manpower that these parties neccessitate. To that end, I would like to encourage anyone and everyone who wants to throw a party to come to ACE, whether it be for a birthday party or a random theme party.

JFK once said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” When it comes to party planning at Williams this is the attitude that we need to have. This will not only be for the benefit of the campus, but can coincide with your personal needs as well.

So if you would like to see the social scene improve, I encourage you to get involved.

Email me (03cwd) for info.

Charles Danhof

Chair, ACE social and house events