Security officer charged with assault

Williams College security officer Robin Hart was arrested by the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) on Oct. 13 and charged with domestic assault and battery. The arrest was Hart’s second in the last four months.

Hart is also a part-time WPD officer. He was suspended from the WPD in July after being charged with assault and battery pursuant to domestic violence. Hart’s estranged wife made the complaint after Hart, while on duty, stopped at the couple’s house in Williamstown and allegedly grabbed her. Arthur Parker, chief of police, said an internal investigation is ongoing in the matter.

The most recent arrest occurred at a residence on Stetson Road after the WPD received a 9-1-1 call. According to the WPD, officers responded to the location, arrested Hart and charged him with domestic assault and battery for allegedly pushing the unidentified woman into a kitchen counter and kitchen chair. Students were not involved in the incident. Hart was brought to the department for booking procedures and later released on personal recognizance for an appearance in North Adams District Court. The case has been continued until Nov. 15.

At the time the incident occurred, Hart had already taken medical leave from the College to have elbow surgery, Jean Thorndike, director of campus safety, said. Thorndike declined to comment further on the situation.