Spring St. Blues

Friday 9-20-02

9:05 a.m. Dispatched to check continual force door alarms at the following locations: Poker Flats door – found tape over locking mechanism; tape removed. Rectory door – same situation and corrected. Thompson door – same situation and corrected. Spoke with room residents about building security risks by taping open doors.

9:15 a.m. Report from Gladden that beer pong was played last night. Three empty 30 packs of beer and several glasses half empty of beer. A daybed was used as the pong table.

Two other day beds were stacked on top of each other to form a high rise to watch TV. On top of the stacked beds was a couch. Day beds came from a nearby common room.

2:30 p.m. Officer responded to the east side of Sawyer Library regarding chalked graffiti. On the north east side of the building, found German words, chalked in blue, white, and pink. College paint shop called to remove the graffiti.

2:08 p.m. Officer dispatched to the Athletic Office to meet with someone who was hit by a water balloon fired from Morgan Hall. Victim stated he was walking by Morgan Hall when he was struck on his right temple.

9:55 p.m. While securing Greylock Dining Hall, Officer encountered two students carrying beer and liquor from G-lot towards the Greylock Quad. Officer checked back about an hour later and found an illegal party in Carter

Saturday 9-21-02

12:30 a.m. Officer was dispatched to Greylock parking lot area after repeated reports of an animal resembling a monkey was called in. No animal located.

8:38 a.m. Fire alarm from Sage Hall. The cause was steam from the shower.

11:29 a.m. Reports from West College of no hot water in the second floor shower. Officer checked bathrooms and verified no hot water in any of the bathrooms. Steamfitter paged.

8:25 p.m. Officer responded to Williams basement laundry room for a washer that smelled hot. An overloaded washer was still on and had stopped running. Officer unplugged the machine and had dispatch call Mac-Gray to check the belt.

10:31 p.m. Fire alarm from Sage Hall. Cause was cooking popcorn. The area was ventilated and system reset.

Sunday 9-22-02

12:34 a.m. A noise complaint from Tyler House. Upon arrival, the registered event was over and the music was shut off.

2:50 p.m. No hot water complaint at West College. Verified report and paged steamfitter.

4:00 p.m. Intrusion alarm from Jesup 303. No apparent cause. System reset.

5:51 p.m. Fire alarm at Perry House. The cause was from cleaning and use of a spray bottle. The area was ventilated and the system reset.

6:00 p.m. Assisted student in Agard with lock problem. While at Agard another student reported money stolen sometime between 12 a.m. and 2:15 a.m.

Monday 9-23-02

12:20 a.m. Officers dispatched to Fayerweather and WCMA area for fireworks.

8:15 a.m. Student in Spencer found a fire e xtinguisher had been set off at the end of the hallway.

11:03 a.m. Driscoll Dining Staff asked for assistance with an unwanted person.

11:53 a.m. Intrusion alarm received from Chandler, west door off of the basketball court. Caused by contractor using wrong exit.

2:54 p.m. Freezer alarm from cold storage facility in Bronfman. Officers sent and system was checked.

Tuesday 9-24-02

11:30 a.m. Report that two vehicles were parked on the grass in the Greylock Quad. Officer found one vehicle on the sidewalk near the southeast entrance of Gladden. The vehicle’s owner was identified.

10:25 p.m. A student in Pratt reported the key core to the room door came out when she opened her door. Officer was unable to remedy problem. The on-call carpenter/locksmith was paged in and fixed the lock.

Wednesday 9-25-02

9:01 a.m. Officer observed several people in front of Goodrich Hall assisting someone sitting down on the sidewalk. A student was riding her bike down the sidewalk towards Main St., when she turned onto the grassy side of the sidewalk, slipping on the wet grass and landed on the sidewalk. She received several cuts to her left knee. Officer transported her to the Health Center.

3:10 p.m. Fire alarm from Parsons House. Cause was from cooking. Fire system was cleared and reset.

3:35 p.m. Officers responded to Fayerweather concerning a report of an individual in the building selling Subway coupons in violation of college solicitation policy.

3:56 p.m. Baxter staff reported two high school age males holding up large signs on the eastside of Baxter Hall. Signs read, “I’ll sell my soul for money.” Officers arrived to on scene and found area clear.

4:38 p.m. Officers responded to Williams Hall on a report that the same described individual who was selling Subway coupons in Fayerweather was now at Williams. Officer stopped individual as he was exiting. He was advised of the College policy and advised if there were any other individuals on campus selling coupons that they be advised by him on the policy.

12:54 a.m. Noise complaint regarding the Log. Upon arrival Officers found nine non-traditional students (lobsters) engaged in a drinking game on the front porch of the building. The lobsters obviously knew they were going to be in hot water by the redness of their complexion. They were advised that they could be pinched for an open container violation. The lobsters complained that they felt trapped by such stringent policies. The Officers did not crab at the group but tried to get them to move along by buttering them up. When their dispersal became nothing more than a crawl, Officers decided to take matters in their own hands and not refer the group to the Dean’s Office. Officers characterized the incident as being in good taste.