One in 2000: Antoinette Wilson

So, what’s your most embarrassing moment at Williams?

Oh, wow. Well, I think everybody already knows it. I think it would have to be the underwear story. Wait, are you going to print this?!?!

What underwear story?

You know about the underwear story!

But don’t you want to share it with the whole Williams community? At the very least, could readers come up and ask you if they wanted to know for their own edification?

They can if they want to, but there’s no guarantee of an answer.

Do you like Dodd’s Kid’s Night?

Yes, but I’ve only gone once this year. I used to go a lot last year but it’s kind of far from Mission. Not really, but I don’t like the walk.

Yeah, Mission tends to make people lazy sacks of s-. What would your designer dining hall meal be?

For starters, it would be a combination of chicken tenders and French fries and a little bit of orange chicken. I don’t know why, but it’s sounding pretty good right now. For dessert, I’d have to say it’s a tie between Turtle Sundae cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream.

What about both at once?

I could do that. I’ve done it before.

So, Antoinette, who’s your favorite administrator?

Hmmm, I’m not sure. I don’t know. My advisor Nancy McIntyre is pretty cool.

Well, have you taken advantage of the Williams atmosphere of meeting faculty and staff who might not be in an official advisor position, but still serve as a valuable mentor?

I know what you want me to say! I’m going to get so much crap for this. Yes, there is one person that I’ve gone to talk to specifically. That would be Morty Schapiro. No, just kidding. The associate director of admissions, Gina Coleman.

Why do you admire her so much?

I don’t admire her!

So, what brings your special relationship together?

There’s no special relationship. It’s a normal mentor relationship. We just talk about random things. Things that happen on campus.

So, what do you think about the World Series? You know, now that it’s over.

Um, I’m not a really big Yankees fan, but I don’t actually have a favorite baseball team. But I was kind of going for the Diamondbacks because the Yankees already won it and a lot of people here are from New York, so I was rooting for the underdog.

What do you think of the name?

It’s kind of strange.

Isn’t it the name of a snake?

Oh, that would make sense. I thought that everyone’s been saying name of a saint, and I had never heard of a St. Diamondback. But I kept quiet ‘cause something was telling me I wasn’t getting something.

What’s been your favorite Williams nature experience so far?

You know I was going to send this article to my parents but I’m not going to now. Well, the [rugby] team and I- well, a couple of members, not the whole team thank goodness- decided to run a play with no clothes on.

Was the play successful?

Yes, one of the members of the team touched it down. I think it was her virgin try.

Clothed or naked virgin try?

Both, I think. It was fun. A little cold.

So, what do you do besides rugby?

I work in the mailroom.

I heard you had to get naked in the mailroom too.

I didn’t get naked in the mailroom. It was a bathroom with a lock on the door. It was during the whole anthrax scare in Baxter.

So, you were a key player!

Because I happened to walk through the mail room that day, they thought I might be contaminated and they detained me for three and a half hours. And then they took all my clothes and gave me a pair of sweats from Goff’s, which I still have. They gave my clothes back; I thought they were going to wash them. There was a spot on my sweatshirt that I was hoping would come out, but they gave my clothes back and the spot was still there.

Oh, see, I had heard you were detained because you had a weird habit of licking all the boxes that come into the mailroom.

No, that is not true. No, I don’t touch the packages that way.

So, winter’s coming – do you have any favorite snow sports?

No, not really, I don’t like to be cold. Sledding is fun, but I don’t ski. I don’t like the idea of going down a hill of ice really fast.

Do you run naked through the snow?

No, I think my feet would get cold.

Only your feet?

Other body parts too, but I figure it’s my feet that would be in contact with the snow.