Spring Street Blues

Monday 4-17-00

2:08 a.m. Noise complaint of screams from somewhere in Pratt. Officers investigated and spoke to several students.

12:15 p.m. Student with suspended vehicle observed driving on campus in front of Dodd. Citation issued.

12:49 p.m. Fire alarm from Garfield. A pull station was activated on third floor. No apparent cause.

2:45 p.m. Officer spoke with four skateboarding youths outside the Unified Science Center concerning the College no skateboarding policy. Asked to leave campus. These same youths were later seen skateboarding in area of Hopkins Hall. Names taken.

3:20 p.m. Report of several youths in MP lot behind Thompson tampering with vehicles. Officers spoke with them and asked them to leave area.

Tuesday 3-18-00

10:05 a.m. Call from Cheshire barracks of Mass. State Police concerning a possible stolen vehicle belonging to a Williams student.

1:44 p.m. Report of a theft of a sleeping bag from a pre-frosh during the night.

5:23 p.m. Medical assist at Cole Field. 911 call for Village Ambulance as well.

6:15 p.m. Medical assist at I.M. Soccer Field by Tennis Courts. 911 call for Village Ambulance as well.

11:43 p.m. Noise complaint concerning the music from the Log.

Wednesday 4-19-00

12:25 a.m. Officer found two bikes thrown in bushes off Syndicate Rd. just North of Tyler. Taken to storage. One student owner was identified and contacted through town registration.

12:20 p.m. Two Skateboarders advised of no-skateboarding on campus policy. Identified and given two warnings.

12:45 p.m. Student reported a missing unlocked bicycle from outside Unified Science Center or Williams Hall.

2:40 p.m. Another skateboarder advised of no-skateboarding policy. Identified.

2:40 p.m. Fire alarm at Bronfman Science Center.

4:11 p.m. Report of a skateboarder possibly causing damage to benches by Chandler Gym and Papa Charlie’s. Person identified.

Thursday 4-20-00

12:41a.m. Power out in Morgan E. Officer reset breakers.

6:10 p.m. Fire alarm at the Rectory. Caused by cooking.

10:30 p.m. A noticeably intoxicated non-Williams-affiliated person observed at the “Take Back The Night” rally. Person was identified and was asked to leave the campus.

11:57 p.m. Report of breaking glass outside of Carter.

Friday 4-21-00

7:52 p.m. Water in Sage basement. Plumber and electrician paged.

8:49 p.m. Report of a stranger in Currier. Person was identified and attempt to find a student host was made.

9:43 p.m. Pest complaint from Morgan. Evidence of a rodent helping himself to food stored at floor level observed. Students advised to store food higher and a work order for pest control was put in.

10:05 p.m. College staff member reported observing two youths getting out of her car and running as she was coming out of Bronfman. She was confident they were not students.

A quick sweep of campus by all available Security personnel found two youths of similar description.

Saturday 4-22-00

2:06 a.m. Fire alarm from Gladden.

2:49 a.m. Noise complaint from Mills. Music was turned down.

9:04 a.m. Environmental alarm from Jesup. Officer determined a problem did exist and a steamfitter and Jesup staff person contacted.

12:41 p.m. Another environmental alarm from Jesup. Officer determined a problem did exist and a steamfitter and Jesup staff person contacted.

3:15 p.m. Officer observed a car backing up at a high rate of speed on Stetson Ct. by tennis courts swerve off the road and hit an emergency pole light. Pole was completely destroyed and car left in a precarious situation. Gas tank ruptured and electrical wire exposed. Police and Fire Departments called. Electrician and Fire Marshal paged.

Officer tried to block off road and secure area when another student vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed blew by. Driver was identified.

8:29 p.m. Fire alarm from Fitch. Caused by cooking.

Sunday 4-23-00

1:36 a.m. Medical call at 63 Park St. Student with a serious cut to head assisted and transported to the Health Center. Student then was transported by ambulance to hospital.

3:24 a.m. Noise complaint from town neighbor concerning Tyler area.

10:23 a.m. Fire alarm from Williams. Caused by cooking.

11:53 a.m. Banging heat pipes and lack of heat complaint from the Log. Steamfitter was paged.

1:24 p.m. Student reported a large amount of blood on the South steps of West College. Blood trail led to area around Rice. Officer had custodian paged for cleanup.