One in 2000: Parrish Isaacs

Hometown: Lexington, KY

Possible Major: Economics

Favorite Type of Music: ’60s and ’70s rock: “Classic Rock.”

Favorite Bands/Groups: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ben Folds Five, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Pearl Jam and the Allman Brothers.

Nickname: Master P

Being from down south in Kentucky, what possessed you to come all the way up to Massachusetts to attend Williams?

Well, it was probably Williams College’s great academic reputation that first caught my attention, and then I thought I could possibly play soccer here, but I failed to make the team, and there is one other reason…oh yeah, all the hot women.

What are some of your favorite pastimes as a Williams student?

I like to follow sports, especially college basketball; I root for the Kentucky Wildcats. I like to play lacrosse and love to kick the soccer ball around. I am also a big fan of Mario Kart. I enjoy playing a competitive game every now and then; my favorite character is Toad. And that’s about it.

I see you have some Playboy magazines lying around. Do you have a subscription?

Yes, I do subscribe to Playboy; this is my first issue, 12 months for $16.95.

Good deal! As a first-year student at Williams, what are your impressions of the school so far?

This is a tough question. I think Williams was basically what I expected it to be like. The people are generally cooler than I had originally thought they would be, because my visit here was sort of uneventful. There seems to be a lot more going on then I thought there would be, its definitely nice.

As a first year college student, you have to adjust to the new party scene. How do you balance your studies and your partying?

Basically I did what everyone else did, which was party Thursday, go to class on Friday, party Friday night, then sit around and recover on Saturday, and then party on Saturday night and do my homework on Sunday. Which can be a burden because of the amount, but we all have to make sacrifices.

Any favorite hot spots on the weekend?

I’m a big fan of the Log on Thursday nights. Fridays seem to be a little dull, probably just hang out around the dorm, have some good Christian fun and then on Saturday go where the parties are. I also love Late Nights when I actually make it to them.

I know Security has been cracking down on Williams Hall. What are your feelings on this matter, being a resident?

I think that the vandalism and drinking are kind of an issue. I think the blame, which basically started with the entire dorm, has shifted to Williams C and now it seems that they are focusing the blame on the basement. I think basically they are looking for a scapegoat, and I really hope they don’t read this. But lately they have been really cool and really haven’t been that big of an issue.

Coming off your first Winter Study, what were your impressions? Did you find it worthwhile?

I thought it was definitely worthwhile. I took a course called Business Economics, which I found relatively interesting and I was a big fan of my instructor. It was also a great time to hang out with a lot of people and get to know them a little better. I like the idea of Winter Study. It is kind of a nice time after Christmas break. And dead week is awesome. I went to New York with my dad, and then visited some friends at Columbia. The only bad thing was I lost my UK hat.

Excited about starting the second semester?

Um, I’m pretty excited about spring semester. It’s going to be a lot harder then fall semester, but I feel that I have learned to manage my time a little better. I can’t party on Thursday nights anymore because I have an early class on Fridays, but we’ll have to see how long that lasts.

Any final words?

No.