Spring Street Blues

10-10-98

9:15 p.m. Stranger in West College reported. Person was identified and was confirmed as a guest of a student resident of West.

10-21-98

11:35 a.m. Report of smoldering mulch behind the Museum. A museum Officer put out the smoldering mulch with water. Caused by cigarette thrown in the mulch. Fire Marshall’s office notified.

11-1-98

Vehicle doing donuts on Agard House lawn. Owner identified and damage documented.

1-13-99

2:26 a.m. Noise Complaint of people outside Gladden making a lot of noise. Students playing in the snow advised of the complaint from people trying to sleep inside.

1-30-99

1:34 a.m. Adorable paper mache giraffe in attractive hat made from On Campus newspaper reported to be causing noise disturbance with a group of scantily clad women. Giraffe told Officer he was “jus’ pimpin’, dog!” Giraffe brought to Dean’s Office and warned about dangers of prostitution. Officer in question kicked them nasty thoughts.

2-6-99

12:10 p.m. Report of a strange individual causing problems at the Baxter Snack Bar. Individual identified as a former student who was been the source of numerous complaints over the past two weeks.

2-6-99

12:45 p.m.

Report of a strange individual having a conflict with Gym Monitor. Individual identified as the same former student from earlier incident at Baxter.

3-3-99

10:45 a.m. Student reported a thermometer broken in one of the Chadbourne sinks causing a spill of a small amount of mercury. Fire Marshall paged for advice concerning this hazardous material. Fire Marshall came in to handle spill.

4-7-99

4:42 p.m. Activated Emergency Phone at Lehman West. Officer found a group of small children at this phone, one of whom activated the alarm.

4-12-99

8:34 a.m. Dog on the loose at Hopkins Hall near Dean’s Office.

4-14-99

4:20 p.m. Museum staff person reported witnessing a Williams student get hit by a car on Main Street. Student said she was OK and left the Scene. Incident was not reported to Security, Williamstown Police or the Health Center. Under investigation.

4-17-99

11:23 p.m. UNH cycling team was cited by local police for the possession of a stolen Ronald McDonald statue. The missing Ronald McDonald statue was from a McDonalds restaurant in Athol.

4-28-99

1:59 a.m. Officer spoke with a student concerning dangerous risk of behavior at 3rd floor window in Mission.

5-1-99

10:47 a.m. Complaint of a bat in Hubbell House.

5-1-99

8:14 p.m. Bat reported in Hubbell again.

5-4-99

12:28 a.m. Call to assist students in Williams A in locating and capturing an elusive lizard last seen going into the mechanical room. Lizard is still at large.

5-4-99

10:24 a.m. Library staff member reports some kind of liquid thrown on the hood of a car, possibly as an act of anger or retribution.