Basketball streak at 15, top NE seed for NCAA

The Williams College women’s basketball team ended their memorable regular season Saturday night with a blowout victory over Hamilton College. A strong offensive attack and an unyielding defense helped the Ephs roll over Hamilton by the decisive score of 83-35.

After jumping out to an early lead, Williams took a insurmountable 43-14 lead into halftime. Williams dominated all aspects of the game, most notably by grabbing a team total of 59 rebounds off of Hamilton’s poor shooting. The Ephs owned the paint as Rebecca Brooks ’00 led the Eph attack with 17 points and nine rebounds. Erin Duffy ’99 added six rebounds and five steals.

The Williams bench also helped key the victory as Sam Daigneault ’00 added 16 points, Robyn Goldman ’01 nabbed nine rebounds, and Katie Ford ’00 had seven boards. Leading the way for Hamilton was Jen Moran with 12 points. The NESCAC league triumph boosts the Eph win streak to 15 and improves their final regular season record to 23-1, setting a school record for wins in a regular season. Entering NCAA tournament play, Williams boasts the number one ranking in the Northeast region and a sixth place spot in the NABC national poll. The Ephs have a bye in the first round, and will take on the winner of the Bowdoin-Bates game this Saturday in Chandler Gym. If Williams continues to win, they will host games until the Final Four.