Men’s golf places fourth at Invite

The grass was cut, the sun was out and the drives were long everything was perfect for the Ephs annual Williams Invitational. When all was said and done the Ephs’ A-team ended up finishing in fourth place, behind only Skidmore, Division I SUNY-Binghamton and Emory. Rounding out the top ten were Colgate, Hamilton, Babson, Salem State, Williams B and Amherst. Among District One, Division III teams, the Ephs’ A-team took second, behind only Skidmore.

Leading the way for the Ephs’ individually was Devin Redmond ’99, who shot two solid rounds at 77 for a total of 154. Right behind him on the individual scoreboard was John McCoy who shot an 80 in the first round, but came on strong to finish with 75 in the second for a total of 155. The overall individual winner of the tournament was Emory’s Mike DiLonardo who shot an amazing 69 in the first round and a 77 in the next round to finish with a 146.

David Feigenbaum ’01 boosted the Williams-B team shooting a 78 and an 80 for a 158 closely followed by Taylor McKinley ’00 who shot a 76 and an 83 for a 159 total. Tied at 159 with McKinley was Andrew Arbesman ’00 from the A-squad who had rounds of 77 and 82

Rounding out the A-Squad was Bob Stanton ’01 (83,77,160) and Mike Szkodzinski ’99 (82,81,163). On the B side, JT Ervin finished nicely with rounds of 85 and 80 for a165, followed by Craig Branca ’02 (88,79,167) and Christopher Goggin ’02 (84,86,170).

Next weekend the Ephs will make their showing at NESCAC’s hosted this year by Middlebury.