Spring Street Blues

Wednesday 5-6-98

10:30 a.m. Theft of CD collection reported from Sage.

5:40 p.m. A chair wedged in the middle of a Maple tree in front of Tyler House observed. B+G notified for removal.

8:45 p.m. Call from Mission Park reporting a male selling T-shirts door to door there. Officers identified and told person such selling in dorms is not permitted without prior authorization. Person was told to leave campus.

Thursday 5-7-98

3:08 a.m. Forced door at Mission Park NW door. Door was found duct taped.

1:34 p..m. Fire alarm from Mission Park. Officers found cause to be smoking and incense Armstrong 3rd floor. Other Fire Safety violations were found. College Fire Marshall advised.

3:30 p..m. One of the College Security cruisers began leaking gas near Mission Park. Grounds crew responded to clean up gas and vehicle was immediately removed from campus for repair.

7:47 p.m. Call to assist a young girl in Chandler Pool who slipped- possibly injured. She and her mother were transported to North Adams Regional Hospital to be checked.

Friday 5-8-98

2:07 a.m. Call to Sage concerning a dispute and unwanted guest.

2:45 p.m. Damage in Tyler Annex reported. Incident under investigation.

5:16 p.m. Call to assist a student injured in a bike accident on Chapin Drive. Student was transported to NARH Emergency room via Village Ambulance.

Saturday 5-9-98

2:15 a.m. Suspicious and non-Williams person reported in front of Sage C. Person was identified and asked to leave campus.

2:30 a.m. Student reported his unlocked bike stolen from area around the Purple Pub.

6:36 a.m. Professor reporting being bitten by a dog in area of Susie Hopkins. Officers were able to find and identify the dog and owner.

12:59 p.m. Fire alarm from Tyler Annex. Cause was smoking and incense.

11:25 p.m. Call to Lasell Gym for assistance with injured person and investigation of an altercation that occurred in the concert. One student was attended to by an Officer and EMT, then transported to NARH Emergency Room.

1:15am Officer observed a suspicious person in a vehicle Behind B+G. Person tried to hide and was uncooperative. Williamstown Police Dept. was called and an arrest was made.

2:07am Fire alarm from Sage. Cause was burnt popcorn.

3:07am Fire alarm from Williams. Cause was a discharged Fire extinguisher in Williams A.

4:56pm Call from 2 students concerning an unattended toddler outside Bascom House. Toddler was assisted and placed back into his parents care.

7:45pm Intrusion alarm from Bronfman 119. Caused by student working inside. Officer spoke with Faculty member in charge.

9:10pm Intrusion from Jesup Writing Workshop. Caused by student staff.

During the period from 5-4-98 through 5-10-98 Security performed 77 transports and 66 room openings.