1 in 2000: Bill Reeves

Theme Song: Definitely something 70s funk. I’d like to have a wom chumba wom following me where ever I go. Something Samuel L. Jackson could use.

Heroes: Kenneth Branagh.

Motto: Don’t be cruel.

Major: English.

Career Plans: Something in the film industry.

Favorite Movies: Braveheart and the Star Wars Trilogy.

Pet Peeve: People who leave the dishes in the sink. That always happens at Perry. People leave plates with half-eaten bits of food on them. Definitely not cool. And then they think that it makes it better to run water over them. I mean what is that supposed to do?

What will you miss most about Williams?

Having 2000 people your own age. It’s nice to have a large group of people with similar interests. When I walk into the [Purple] Pub, I know almost everyone there. It’s like our little Cheers. I enjoy the sense of community.

What is your favorite memory of the past four years?

I think what I’ll always remember is the parties we used to have over in Sage my freshmen fall. It was before the cliques formed, so everyone would come out and the parties would spill out into the quad. It was back in the days when a freshman could walk out onto the lawn with a beer and no one would care.

Can you give us a preview of what you are going to be saying as Class Historian this year?

The pressure is definitely on now. I may be calling in some hired guns. We may do something along the lines of Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update. I’m not sure yet though, it’s still in the planning stages.

What are your plans for dead week?

Going to Atlantic City and the Jersey Shore with some friends. But I’ll also be putting in the hours here; I’ve got plenty of packing to do. I’ve accumulated a lot of junk in my four years at Williams and it’s going to take me a few days to get all my stuff in boxes and I don’t want to be doing it over Senior Week. I see plenty of packing in my future.

And after Williams?

I will be teaching at the McCarter Theater at Princeton University, and starting a production company with one of my friends. We’re going to begin work on a TV pilot. I’m going to do some acting, some writing, and I hope that the film I did in the fall will open some doors.

What advice do you have for current Ephs?

Get a car up here. Or a bike with a motor. Or a bike. Or a friend who has a car or a bike. Otherwise you won’t survive. You’ve just got to get out of Williamstown sometimes.

What do you wish you had done here?

I wish I had explored more on campus. I’m just discovering some buildings, especially over on the Odd Quad. I’d never even been to Lawrence until this year. You think that it’s such a small campus that you’d see everything, but somehow, you just miss things.

Any final words?

Have a great summer, go watch some fun movies, and get a tan.