Spring Street Blues

Tuesday 4-28-98

5:12 a.m. Unattended infant reported in Lasell Gym Fitness Center. WPD also asked to respond. Parent eventually appeared and claimed baby.

Thursday 4-30-98

12:53 a.m. WPD asked for assist of 2 of our students out of gas on Main St. by Cumberland Farms.

5:45 a.m. Notify WPD of air conditioner missing and opening to inside of building at Berkshire Market.

11:58 p.m. Call to Agard concerning an unconscious student. 911 activated. Student was transported to North Adams Regional Emergency Room.

Friday 5-1-98

12:21 a.m. Call from town resident concerning loud crowd outside between Agard and the Health Center.

1:52 a.m. Noise and disturbance call to Armstrong concerning loud and offensive behavior.

2:17 a.m. Noise complaint from town residents concerning noise from Agard as well as behavior of people leaving Agard walking through area of the Health Center and Hoxsey St.

6:25 a.m. Town resident reports finding the contents of a student’s bag strewn about on Southworth St. She collected some of it and identified location for Officer to check. The Officer picked up more items and student was contacted. Items were returned to the student.

7:39 a.m. Custodial Supervisor reported a discharged Fire extinguisher in Agard.

3:20 p.m. Call to Prospect concerning students climbing exterior wall.

5:24 p.m. Fire that had already been extinguished in Mission Park kitchen reported. Fire Marshal advised and affected unit shut down until a safety evaluation could be made.

5:57 p.m. Assist Lasell Gym Security Monitor with trouble.

10:12 p.m. Student was hit by a car in crosswalk on Main St. in front of Hopkins Hall. Student transported to Hospital via ambulance.

Saturday 5-2-98

4:04 a.m. Intrusion alarm from Chandler Gym Pool Office. Student and guest found to be skinny-dipping in Pool. Access was gained by a propped door.

4:25 a.m. Complaint of students throwing glass bottles from window at Sage B. A large amount of broken glass outside of Sage B. Perpetrators were identified. Grounds Crew person on call paged for clean up.

12:06 p.m. 911 activated for injured student in Mission Park. Student transported to the hospital.

Sunday 5-3-98

1:20 a.m. Students on top of the Observatory were asked to come down.

2:44 a.m. Fire alarm from Sage. Caused was a pulled alarm station in Sage E.

3:32 a.m. Loud music complaint from Sage A. Music in unattended room turned off.

1:04 p.m. Fire system trouble from Currier. No apparent cause but system would not reset. Fire Safety Electrician paged in.

9:26 p.m. Student reported backing a college van into another vehicle on Lawrence Drive.

From 4-27-98 through 5-3-98 Security performed 43 room openings and 61 transports.