Men’s lacrosse heats up

The Williams men’s lacrosse team rebounded after two difficult losses to beat Little Three foe Wesleyan 17-15. Earlier in the week they were defeated by Springfield College 13-6 and Connecticut College 15-7.

Against Wesleyan, the Ephs jumped out to a 3-1 lead in the first quarter, and took a 9-3 lead to the locker room at halftime. Wesleyan made some offensive adjustments and netted ten goals in the third quarter, while the Ephs managed five. The fourth quarter introduced defense back into the game. Wesleyan managed two goals and Williams notched three to hold on for the win. John Moorhead ’00 and Nick Weisser ’00 led the Ephs with five and four goals, respectively. Rob Adamo ’01 led the team with four assists, and Moorhead contributed three more.

The Connecticut College Camels were the first team to figure out the Ephs this year. Conn started fast with four goals in the first quarter and two more in the second. The Eph offense managed only one goal in the first half. Williams cut the deficit to three in the third quarter, 7-4, but the freshman-led Conn offense took over in the fourth quarter, scoring eight goals. Andy Jones ’00 and James Bell ’98 each tallied a pair of goals. Moorhead picked up four assists, and Brady Murray ’98 added two more. Eph goalie John Servidea ’99 stopped twelve of 27 shots in goal. Head Coach Renzie Lamb appraised the Camels’ performance. “They beat the heck out of us today.”

The Ephmen travel to Middlebury on Wednesday and Amherst on Saturday.